Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 8th, 2010 06:00

aftd location

Dear,

A customer reports that the location of their RO aftd is on a different location than the writable device. They created a new aftd and noticed that the new aftd has the same location for the writable device and the read-only device. The latter is the normal operation for an aftd. Because they stage with a custom script, which uses the location of the RO device the second aftd isn't staged (this is not completely true but the staging doesn't work as intented by the script and results in a failure) .

Aftd location
db001 DB
db001.RO DBRO
db002 DB
db002.RO DB

Relocation dbr002.RO to DBRO (that 's what they want) can't be done (NMC, nsradmin, mmlocate) without relocating db002.

I don't understand how the db001 could be configured that way. The location should be DB as well.

If there is a way to relocate db002.RO to DBRO, then how?

The customer is using 7.5.3 but doesn't know when (which NW version) db001 was created.

Thank you in advance.

55 Posts

October 8th, 2010 11:00

Hi Phil,

The xx.RO in an AFTD is just a read-only mirror of the afdt xx. It is not present physically on the machine so there is no way you can change the location of only rhe xx.RO. On the only way is to move xx.

HTH,

Rovin D'Souza.

122 Posts

October 11th, 2010 00:00

Hi Rovin,

I believe he does not mean the physical location but the location filed inside mmdb.

Phil, please confirm

30 Posts

October 11th, 2010 01:00

It is a problem with its location derived from the mmdb.

14.3K Posts

October 21st, 2010 09:00

What exactly does location for disk device give anyway??  Perhaps someone evil has been playing with mmlocate...

30 Posts

October 22nd, 2010 00:00

I will try to get as much info from the customer. There is only on Fridays a support engineer on site so that's the reason for not updating this thread. Thanks for your interest.

No Events found!