Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

April 15th, 2015 01:00

after Update Networker to 8.2.1: bootstrap notification not triggered

With Networker <=7 we used to utilize a notification that output the bootstrap information.

It was configured to"event: [Savegroup]" and "priority: [Critical]" and worked reliably.

After updating to version 8.2.1, this notification is no more triggered, and we were unsuccesful in setting up new test notifications with variations of the above event.

EMC support states that we should script the bootstrap generation.

I wonder why I cannot find a changed behaviour in the release notes.

To get the old bootstrap notification, we would run something like

/usr/sbin/mminfo -v -B -s nsrhost

and pipe it to a printer.

Has anybody observed failing bootstrap notifications in Networker 8, too?

Thanks for sharing your experiences,

Thomas

14.3K Posts

April 15th, 2015 08:00

Yes, I have seen this.  If I remember correctly I also had number of processes from those notification hanging. What I use now is job in cron which calls script I made for all automated tasks with NSR and there it calls function which takes mminfo -B output and process it further (I send email to centralized inbox and in your case you would use pipe to printer).

445 Posts

April 16th, 2015 01:00

All,

There have been issues with Bootstrap notifications after upgrade to 8.1.1. software especially on windows servers. There appears to be different behaviour between windows 2008 which has more issues and Windows 2012 which usually works: -

NW160880:Bootstrap notification does not generate the bootstrap file after upgrade to 8.1.1

I believe there is also an investigation currently into notifications which were set to Email but currently I don’t have any further details.

The hot his is currently not included in the latest cumulative builds therefore if you require now – please open an SR with Support and request giving your current NetWorker server version, Build number and OS.

Regards,

Bill Mason

44 Posts

April 16th, 2015 01:00

My tests showed that no notifications related to the Savegroup event would trigger.

I assume that could be seen as a bug.

Actually I upgraded to 8.2.1: have you experienced this issue in older versions, too?

Greetings from Germany!

Thomas

14.3K Posts

April 16th, 2015 03:00

I have seen it when I went to 8.0 and I changed my approach since.  What I used with NW7 was following action field:

/usr/bin/cat > /nsr/logs/bootstrap.log

When I went to NW8 I noticed index groups were never finishing as this part was hanging.  This is why I changed it do different approach which I use now. Since then I was told there was trick to do with ";" to make it work, but I never tested it.

No Events found!