Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 25th, 2013 17:00

clone job

Hi Folks

Under Networker Reports-Networker Clone-Clone details, I can see job ids for successful monthly clones to tape. But from Media-Save sets don't find the cloned ss to tape.

Is there a way to check/view what are the ss/name that was actually cloned using the clone job id?

Thanks

2.4K Posts

June 25th, 2013 20:00

The issue is that you have to deal with two different databases - the jobs db and the media db.

I guess that if you get the timestamp from the jobs db you could use mminfo to query the media db for the save sets.

326 Posts

June 30th, 2013 17:00

Thanks Bingo

the jobsdb retention was just 5 days..have increased to 100 days now at max size

got some output from jobsdb/jobid from last night...it throws ssid/cloneid....looks like have to write a script to go through each and every ids and translate that to names?

Any better ways? Thanks

14.3K Posts

July 1st, 2013 07:00

Depends what you want to achieve at the end.  You can check mdb against ssids that have clones if you want those to be listed only, you can query whatever group and check number of copies and similar. There are many different ways to do it, but it all depends on what is your ultimate goal.

326 Posts

July 1st, 2013 18:00

Hi Hrvoje

My ultimate goal is to know/view the content of successful clones from that clone job id by providing:-

ssid/clid

ssname

date

size

level

status

Currently the job id shows successful ssid/cloneid contents but not names at least..it may need further work on scripting it out but looking if there are better ways to get them

Thank you

14.3K Posts

July 2nd, 2013 01:00

What you want is then name and status - clflags.  So, depending how your cloning jobs are done, you can:

- do query within time slot (eg. from-to for previous day)

- do query on client

- do query on group

From there, in report you wish to see: 'name,client,group,copies,pool,volume,ssflags,sumflags,clflags,sumsize(1),level,sscreate(20),sscomp(20)'

326 Posts

July 17th, 2013 21:00

the idea is to let Networker show what it got in that clone job id that it reports successful...

looks like there is no way of that...how nice if by double click or by putting job id in query it shows all the savesets that were cloned...

2.4K Posts

July 17th, 2013 23:00

Thierry,

if you run scripted clone jobs, you could of course pipe the output of the clone command to a file. This does not help you much as it will only report "ssid/

May i suggest the following for a scripted clone job:

1. Run mminfo to prepare your ssid list file.

2. Run mminfo with the same query but now with your report parameters (copies).

3. Run the clone job.

It might be ok already if you trust NW that it will report if a problem has occured.

4. Run step 2 again and verify the copies again.

No Events found!