Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 29th, 2016 09:00

confused about upgrade to 9.x

currently I'm running a single server on Solaris 10 using NetWorker 8.2.2.1.Build.939 Network Edition/25. I'm reading the Updating Guide and it clearly states on page 90

"NetWorker 9.0.1 does not support an HP-UX, Solaris or AIX NetWorker server. You cannot

update a NetWorker server that runs on these operating systems to NetWorker 9.0.1. To

migrate your NetWorker server data from an HP-UX, Solaris, or AIX NetWorker server to a

supported Windows or Linux host, contact EMC Sales for more information about

engaging EMC Professional Services to perform a cross platform migration."

However the guide continues with an upgrade procedure for the OS variants mentioned above and even mentions that NMC is not supported on Solaris. What gives?

I'm fine with building a new server with Linux because I have new disk storage to integrate. I would need to figure out how to zone my SL500 so that both servers could stage to tape until all clients are moved to the new server.

2.4K Posts

November 29th, 2016 13:00

It is true that with NW 9.0 there are only 2 NW server platforms Linux.

As NMC in most cases runs on the server itself, it makes sense that NMC support has also been dropped for all other platforms.

Zoning a library can be done but I only remember the AlphaStor software which can be used to share a library among more than one data zone. If it already works like a so-called 'silo', this is an already built-in feature. May I suggest that you get EMC support engaged to clarify the technical details.

No Events found!