Not applicable

could not find NSR device resource for . tape1

Hello All,

I hit the following issue today. I have NW 7.6.2 on linux, and almost all of my stor nodes are linux. But I have few VADP proxy hosts and they are Windows 2003 R2, 64bit. I use VTL in my environment on DataDomain, so when I decided to add 4 more virtual drives on DD everything went well on DD, but when I tryed to discover the devices on Windows box it didn't see them .In device manager the appeared but no name was assigned or driver. I had to uninstall the driver IBMTape.x64_6217 and reinstall it back, and had few probles with that, because some files I had to manually copy over. BUt when that was done, after the reboot Device manager showed all my tape drives with one difference. They used to have names like \\.\Tape4801105 now inquire showes them as \\.\Tape0-7. Which is fine, but I have to recohfigure them in NW. And here is where the problem comes. When I scan for devices on the storage node (proxy server) NW finds only 4 newly added drives and looks for old ones with an old name and says "Found a new device at storage node" "Could not find NSR device for rd=stor-node\\.\Tape1 (also for tape 0, 4 and 5)" and 0,2,4,5 are the old tape drives that used to be named like this \\.\Tape4801105. SO now I end up with 4 unconfigured devices under storage node and not 8. Did it happen to anyone? How do I get my 8 devices?

Thanks,

Olga.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
3 Argentum

Re: could not find NSR device resource for . tape1

Hello Olga,

Looks like issue with persistent binding. Drive names changed due to persistent binding.

Run "inquire" command on storage node. See how many devices shows up in inquire command.

Make sure it shows all 8 devices.

If you see all 8 drives, delete all devices on NetWorker which under this storage node.

Rescan for the devices and it should show 8 drives.

Then try to re-configure library with these new devices. Once its configured, you will be able to see all the 8 drives configured under tape library.

Regards,

Prajith

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: could not find NSR device resource for . tape1

I guessed as much. After deleting the old devices via jbedit and rescanning, now I see all 8 devices. The problem is how to add them no my jukebox now. Do I have to delete the whole library and reconfigure it? I'd loose so much configuration.. is there a way to add a device without deleteing jukebox? using jbedit -a -f device_name -s server_name -j Jukebox_name doesn't seem to work.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: could not find NSR device resource for . tape1

Ok, I got it. There is no need to delete the library, it ust can be reconfigured. Even GUI works. WHat sucks though, that some nondefault configuration on the devices is lost..

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: could not find NSR device resource for . tape1

Hi,

We are using Networker version 8.1 and newly attached device couldnt find.

We have got the below error message.

Could not find NSR resouce for Tape0

0 Kudos
7 Thorium

Re: could not find NSR device resource for . tape1

James - for new problems please open a new thread.

0 Kudos