Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

44 Posts

June 6th, 2018 05:00

creating multiple client-instances with nsradmin -i

Hello Experts

we used nsradmin to quickly create multiple instances of the same client. This worked fine in Networker 8. But now we switched to Networker 9.2.1.1 and failed using the same input files.

It looks like Networker will no longer be able to create two instances of the same client anymore.

We feeded content like below into nsradmin:

create type:NSR client; name:

. type:NSR client;name:

update comment: Linux Client

update tag: LINFS

update scheduled backup: Disabled

update Client direct: Enabled

update directive: LIN_OS

update save set: All

update protection group list: LIN_FS_20

update backup command:

update Pre command:

update Post command:

update application information: NSR_PS_DEBUG_LEVEL=0

update aliases:

update remote access:

update executable path:

update backup type: Filesystem

create type:NSR client; name:

If we are now adding a second client instance within the same input file, the result is an error message like the following:

update failed: save set of All would be specified by two

clients with the namein group LIN_FS_20

Any idea how we can create multiple clients and client instances in the same input file in NetWorker 9.2.1.1?

Many Thanks

Christian

2.4K Posts

June 7th, 2018 09:00

According to the error message nothing seems to be worng with the resource itself - it is the fact that you cannot assign the same client/save set combination more than once to the same group.

155 Posts

June 8th, 2018 03:00

NetWorker checks for clients having same saveset in a same group. This has been around with NW 8.2 onwards. Why would you want to have multiple instance of clients having same saveset in a given group?

44 Posts

June 11th, 2018 06:00

Hello Suraj

it is not the intention to add a client with the same but with a different save set! The issue is, that we are not able to create the second instance even if we use a different save set!

Regards

Christian

June 11th, 2018 12:00

Hi cbernet,

as far as I remember if one save set contains "all", no other save set (even with a different save set (e.g. only "/etc/hosts"). Did you try to renaim "all" to a different save set?

Regards

Michael

2.4K Posts

June 11th, 2018 15:00

Your method looks a bit weird to me as you never define the save set - you always update and then your create a new instance.

I think that in this case NW might always use 'all' by default.

I would run the program as follows:

create type: nsr client; name:abc; save set xyz

update ...

but never use create ... in the end.

155 Posts

June 12th, 2018 07:00

Michael Said it right, if you have a single client with All saveset specified, it will exclude the second client instance in that group:

excludes.png

So may be change the line which says update save set: All and try it again. Keep exclusive savesets.

No Events found!