Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 7th, 2011 22:00

disable Single Step Recovery

Hello,

we still use NetWorker 7.6.2 with vadp for VMware. We want to recover an complete Image, but direct to the ESX. It should be saved on the Proxy Server.

So, did someone, how to disable Single Step Recovery on the Proxy Server?

Regards

Klaus

177 Posts

July 11th, 2011 17:00

Hi Klaus - can you clarify where you want the recovery to go and what you would like to accomplish?  To me it was not clear from the original question.

July 11th, 2011 20:00

Klaus

Two step recovery is only supported with VCB backups, utilising VMware convertor 4.01 or lower.

With 7.6.2 and VADP backups, the recovery is a single step back to the original ESX host, or to an alternative Vcentre ESX host.

With VCB backups the temparary staging area on the proxy host used to have space larger than the exported VM.

With VADP and NetWorker 7.6.2, the temporary mount point space utilised on the proxy host only has to be 10% of the VM.

I think this is what you were asking?

Regards

Richard

8 Posts

July 11th, 2011 22:00

Hello,

we want to recover the image to an windows box and not direct to the ESX.

On the Windows Box, we want to Browse the Image or to use VMware Converter.

Regards

Klaus

July 12th, 2011 17:00

This is not currently supported via the 7.6.2 User GUI.

You could possibly acheive this from CLI with UASM, however I have not tested this.

334 Posts

July 12th, 2011 19:00

Hi Klaus,

Also take a look at the VMware Integration Guide on Powerlink.  List of the guides can be found here: https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-10735

Allan

8 Posts

July 18th, 2011 06:00

Hello,

if I understand all Infos right, then we have following situation:

1.) Two Step Recovery only with VCB

2.) two Step recovery with 7.6.2 not possible and not supported.

In the meantime, I had following findings:

If you want to recover an Image to an Windows Box, then don´t use the proxyNode. If you use any client, then you can start an SaveSet recover.

regards

Klaus

No Events found!