Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 10th, 2014 07:00

drive status is 65329 35 The drive serial number has changed

Networker Error

I can't unload tapes from physical tape library and Networker says that one drive is in Service Mode. Besides this, I replaced the pool tapes that were full for newones on the physical tape libraries, but Networker didn't update the Tapes that it sees. How do I update networker labels that I replaced ?

19 Posts

July 10th, 2014 07:00

Hi,

Believe it or not, after a reboot and enabling the drive with the problem, everything works fine.

Thanks in advance.

FQ

PS: Networker version was v.8.1.1 b306

14.3K Posts

July 10th, 2014 11:00

Windows?  Without persistent binding?

19 Posts

July 11th, 2014 02:00

Hi Hrvoje,

No, this is a Linux Server, Red Heat with Networker Application installed.

It was an issue on the data information between the Physical Jukebox and the Networker GUI.

The Networker information about drives and Tapes were "freezed", i.e. on networker the tape was on drive but in reality it was on the slot, the drive shows that's on service mode but it was online on the TL, etc.

One of the solutions that I read for this problem is a reconfiguration with jbconfig on the Networker console to reconnect the jukebox drives with the Server, but I didn't tried that. I wait for an open schedule on the Backup Windows and I made a reboot to the Networker Server. I made also a remote boot to the Jukebox. First the Jukebox, secondly the server, and then the Networker updated all the information, Drives, Tapes, Jobs, everything OK and equalized.

And yes, there's persistent bindings configured on the server.

Best regards,

FQ

14.3K Posts

July 11th, 2014 03:00

OK, but do you use it with NetWorker?  Usually to use it, you run jbconfig -p and you use udev defined devices.

No Events found!