messages: "Unloading volume `A00007' from device `\\\\.\\Tape0' to slot 8.";
name: ADIC Scalar 24;
operation instance: 217;
operation source: GUI jb op;
progress: failed;
prompt response: ;
prompt: ;
start time: 1249024244;

I was told that problem is that jukebox driver order is incorrect. That is the case for MS 2003 operating system. I do not know how to explain the above message, but it seems to me that is the system asked wrong tape with label -?

1.1K Posts

August 4th, 2009 01:00

Your drive ordering is wrong - say you have two tape drives Tape0 and Tape1 whose ordering is wrong. You attempt to load a blank tape into Tape0 and a labelled tape into Tape1 - however since the ordering is wrong Tape0 reports the labelled tape is in the drive and Tape1 that the blank tape is in the drive - not what it was expecting.

186 Posts

August 4th, 2009 02:00

I have a jukebox that used to do the same thing.

Got to love that.

have a look at using persistent binding on your fabric card if you have one. This will stop them from changing. and fix the error.

86 Posts

August 7th, 2009 02:00

The problem is that persistent binding is not recommended on Windows platforms, which is the case at my place.

emc173273 "Persistent bindings not recommended on Windows hosts".

Poblem: PowerPath is unable to detect new paths after changing paths and zones to the server.
Problem: Re-configured paths to host.
Problem: Dead paths seen in PowerPath. Able to clear dead paths with powermt check and powermt restore, but new paths do not show in PowerPath.

Root Cause:"Persistent bindings set on the HBA prevent the server from recognizing the new paths. Persistent bindings are not recommended for Windows hosts. Refer to the "Understanding Persistent Binding in a Fabric Environment" section of the "EMC Fibre Channel with QLogic Host Bus Adapters in the Windows Environment" and the "EMC Fibre Channel with Emulex Host Bus Adapters in the Windows Environment" guides, which can be downloaded from the QLogic and Emulex web sites."

1.1K Posts

August 7th, 2009 02:00

I'd ignore that recommendation, it is less painful with persistent binding. But it can be a real pain to set it up - it wasn't helped setting up at my last place with EMC sending a totally wrong procedure for it. You need to ensure your device driver is bang up-to-date then you do a drive detect after which there are some registry keys you need to amend. I may have the up-to-date procedure on my laptop at home if you don't have it....

186 Posts

August 8th, 2009 15:00

Ha bludger,

Mate trust me it works. I have a Qlogic card in one of me SN and an Emulex San Surfer in the other. No problems at all mate. Don't believe the rubbish your reading.

If i could post a graphic for you to prove it i would.
No Events found!