snmdla-tm
2 Iron

Re: fast inventory oddity after update: "The media data base has no volume with barcode ..."

A full inventory will do what we expect, and will correctly recognize the tapes. I will run a very long time.

I'm afraid that we do not run SJI compliant jukeboxes.

Kind regards, Thomas

0 Kudos
ble1
6 Indium

Re: fast inventory oddity after update: "The media data base has no volume with barcode ..."

Every jukebox is SJI compliant.  You can always run full inventory (-Ip) per slot (-S) - you easily see which slots are affected and have those corrected that way.

0 Kudos
snmdla-tm
2 Iron

Hrvoje,

sjirdtag will report

SJIRTAG: Input/output error

1640:sjirdtag: Code:0x29, Str=<Illegal Request, Invalid Command Operation Code>

So that's why I guessed we lack the SJI support.

Regards, Thomas

0 Kudos
ble1
6 Indium

It could be just busy (locked) port.  For example, since I'm not sure which NW version, it will lock it if NW has lib defined over that port and only way to run sji commands is if lib is disabled in NW (or if you have multiple ports for robotic then use another port).  But top of my head, you would get busy message I think and not the one you get right now... I can check...

0 Kudos
ble1
6 Indium

Well, I tried it on Linux where I run now all my libs and it worked there (so it might be based on OS or perhaps if lib is busy at the same time as mine is activity free for almost a day now).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
snmdla-tm
2 Iron

In our case it is SLES 11 SP3.

I get the error even when all networker services on storage node are down.

0 Kudos
ble1
6 Indium

Oh, that's strange (and not expected).  I doubt it is SLES itself... hm.. no idea to be honest.

0 Kudos