Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

January 1st, 2014 17:00

incremental backup ignore archive bit

Hello

I have problem with backup of share folders (for example \\192.168.166\Data) There is set the full backup  every Friday and Mo-Th as incremental backup. But every backup is full, networker ignore archive bit on files at share folders.

Regards Pavel

January 1st, 2014 22:00

Hi Pavel,

Whats the OS of the networker server & Networker Version?

Did it work Previously or is this the first time you are backing up this share?

Verify the permission of the User which is specified on remote user attribute on the client properties?

Can you Perform a backup from the OS end & make sure the archive bit is functioning properly.

Regards

Hari Prakash.

40 Posts

January 2nd, 2014 01:00

Hi Hari

networker server - Windows 2003 x64

networker client - Windows 2003

every backup is full, thats mean  i have acces to share. When I change a file, this file have atrribute A and unchaned files have no attribute A. This is work right.

173 Posts

Hello Pavel,

This should be also problem with indexes, check daemon.raw for error message, why backup has changed it’s level…

Regards

Lukas

40 Posts

and version 8.1.0.1 build 199

January 2nd, 2014 02:00

Hi Pavel,

Networker 8.X is not supported with Windows 2k3 as a networker Server.

Since you are backing up via client , Perform a ntbackup & verify that the archive bit is clearing out after the incremental backup.

& also verify in the save logs about these messages , No Full backups found on the indexes , hence performing the full backups , If wee are seeing this messages this could be a issue with client ID.

HTH

Regards

Hari Prakash.

14.3K Posts

January 3rd, 2014 09:00

pavel.banar wrote:

Hello

I have problem with backup of share folders (for example \\192.168.166\Data) There is set the full backup  every Friday and Mo-Th as incremental backup. But every backup is full, networker ignore archive bit on files at share folders.

Regards Pavel

If every backup is full, check if you have message like "no previous backup found" or similar when you kick in new backup. To be precise, NetWorker is not stupid and there is rather clear description of what does backup of machine mean. You are backing up share which does not belong to client you are backing up.  Why?  Why not do backup of data where it is originally and who the owner is? Because, in the past, one could backup whole data center via single machine using shares and bypassing licensing model, some restrictions have been placed.  That doesn't mean you can't back it up, but it is not straight forward as you must use some switches.  Anyway, if that IP (which btw is incomplete) is some machine with supported OS, you should use agent on it.  If this is filer, use NDMP.  Only if none of these is possible (like unsupported model), and only then, official vendor support will support NFS/CIFS approach to backup.

2 Posts

July 11th, 2014 21:00

Did you get this resolved as I have the same issue on Networker 8.1 on Windows 2012 backing up a share

No Events found!