Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 12th, 2019 08:00

invalid digital signature. This may indicate that the ...

Hi,

I recently installed Networker 9.2.2 across our estate, and I'm now starting to roll out the 9.2.2.1 client.

I have installed the client on 2016 VMs, however, I am having difficulty in installing onto a Windows 2008 R2 physical server.

I have seen the resolution at https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-63254 and I've imported the certificate into the Trusted Root Certificate Authorities. I have also asked my Windows colleague to attempt the install, hoping his domain account would have better privileges. 

However, neither of these have worked. I still can't get the basic Networker client install to complete.

I have also rebooted the server, and run the installer with Admin Privileges. I am a local admin on the server.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks for any help given!

Cheers

Iain

6 Posts

March 13th, 2019 07:00

Hi crazyrov,

Thanks again for your reply. I opened an SR with EMC and the solution was very simple.

The 9.2.2.1 client uses an updated certificate, from the previous version. The KB article I was going by, was updated in Feb 2019, however, it has been updated before the new cert appears to have been made available.

The new KB for Networker 9.2.2.1 is here: https://support.emc.com/kb/530911

This solution is exactly the same, but with a newer certificate file! 

Thanks for your help!

Iain

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

March 12th, 2019 20:00

Are you installing the client binaries fresh on theWindows  2008 machines or are you upgrading from an earlier version?

6 Posts

March 13th, 2019 01:00

Hi

Thanks for the reply. 

I am installing them fresh. There isn't any Networker software on this box (although it is a NetBackup OpsCenter Analytics box) - but that shouldn't matter.

Cheers

Iain

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

March 13th, 2019 03:00

Hi @IGA_UK 

The invalid signature issue is mostly when you upgrade a client agent. Can you share the screenshot if the error? Also, try using a lower version of NetWorker client and see how that goes. 

No Events found!