Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 18th, 2015 14:00

max streams supported

In the old days, I know the number of streams supported for Power edition and Network edition.  To support more streams after that, you just buy the SN license and install a new SN to support more nsrmmd process.  Is that applied to capacity license as well? 

14.3K Posts

June 18th, 2015 15:00

Nope.  With capacity license you can go up to 1024 streams regardless if you run all on single box (perhaps SW allows it above, but this is the breaking point and not recommended to pass).

25 Posts

June 22nd, 2015 10:00

Forget to ask.  Is there any limitation on numbers of nsrmmd process in storage node? 

Just change job and wait for access for support. 

25 Posts

June 23rd, 2015 09:00

I never used dynamic nsrmmd in 8.1.1.x.  It gave me a very tough time last yr when I deployed a new server to migrate 7.6.2.7 to 8.1.1.7/8.1.1.8.  The dynamic nsrmmd didn't start enough nsrmmd when I had all my backup running.  Originally suspected it was nsrjobd but took me couple of days to find out by counting # of nsrmmd.  We always sized enough RAM for backup in my previous job.  So, it is really a useless feature. 

14.3K Posts

June 23rd, 2015 09:00

There might be... certainly you are dependent on memory you have.. if you use DD then not much CPU is needed as core of traffic goes directly to DD, but memory is required (though not so much).  Obviously, you don't wish to have too many of those and you can use dynamic nsrmmds to control their allocation (I believe that is default in newer versions).

14.3K Posts

June 23rd, 2015 10:00

It might be useless to you, but not for everyone else.  I have seen certainly 8.0.x being more stable in communication with storage nodes when using dynamic nsrmmds than with fixed setup.  With that said, there were couple of early issues like premature closure of nsrmmds in combination with some Oracle jobs and similar, but I assume those are fixed by now.  I skipped whole 8.1.x phase and feeling rather well at 8.2.x right now.

No Events found!