Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 2nd, 2010 13:00

need help with the nsrstage CLI

Hi all,

Back in the old days of networker 7.2 you can do a stage job from adv_file type disk to tape to free up pace on your disk from the GUI. I was told you can't anymore. You have to use the nsrstage command to get it done.

Can someone help me with the command syntax ?

I would like to stage all my savesat that is more than a month old to tape.

131 Posts

March 2nd, 2010 16:00

Hi,

Check :

Command Reference Guide

Topic: nsrstage

Regards,

Hormigo

736 Posts

March 3rd, 2010 01:00

Check out the administration guide for your NetWorker version and look into the section on 'Staging Backups'.  You can define a staging policy that will set a 'Max Storage Period' that defines the number of days a saveset will be on a volume before being staged.  This looks like it's what you are looking for.  There are also instructions in there on how to use the command line if you prefer that.

You can find the Admin Guide on Powerlink (for example for Networker 7.5.1)

Home >                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Support >                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Technical Documentation and Advisories >                                                                                                                                                               Software ~ J-O ~ Documentation >                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  NetWorker Family >                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  NetWorker >                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        7.5 & Service Packs

-Bobby

March 3rd, 2010 08:00

When you configure your stage policy. Is it a backup pool type or a clone pool type

23 Posts

March 3rd, 2010 23:00

Your staging pool is a clone pool. The staging and cloning i very similar.

Regars;

Arkaitz Abad

No Events found!