Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 18th, 2011 09:00

no VADP restore dialog box on image recovery from vadp proxy.

Hello,

I have a very weired issue with networker, i'm using Networker 7.6 sp2 with 3 ESX 4.1u1 and vCenter.

I have configured a vadp proxy to backup my VMs, our networker server is a physical server with CentOS 5.5 called : netwkr.mydom.com

I am able to backup all my VMs, with directive *FULL*

I can restore and redirect restore from the vadp proxy to any server on the vCenter.

My problem is, and i don't understand why , when i launch Network User on the VADP proxy , then select "recover saveset", then clicking on the  server name to restore. If i click Ok, there's no VADP restore dialog box, Networker try to restore all file from the saveset to the Hard Drive of the VADP-proxy.

Can it be a permission or privileges problem ?

Thank you for your help

Alain

5 Posts

October 24th, 2011 06:00

Hi bobby,

I just want to say, THANK YOU , you make my day

As you said, it works, now i'm able to restore to vCenter a VM backuped by Networker.

Again, thanks a lot

Alain

736 Posts

October 24th, 2011 02:00

Hi Alain,

Are you using a non-English locale version of Windows on the VADP proxy?  Non-English Windows as a proxy doesn't work.

-Bobby

5 Posts

October 24th, 2011 02:00

Hi Bobby,

You're right, i'm using a french version of Win 2k8R2 Datacenter. Thank you for your answer i'll try to find a english version of Windows 2K8.

Thanks a lot

Alain

5 Posts

October 24th, 2011 05:00

I have a quick question before contacting MS, should i delete the VADP proxy, and re install a brand new version of Windows 2K8R2 in English, or can i go on the control panel> Regional and Language Options > Regional

Options., then select the English  language, and change location.

736 Posts

October 24th, 2011 06:00

Just changing the regional setttings to change the locale should be fine.  More details here:

http://solutions.emc.com/EMCSolutionView.asp?id=esg121035&usertype=C

-Bobby

No Events found!