ble1
5 Iridium

Re: nsrjobd memory leak in NW8

Bojan Sumljak wrote:

And nsrjob has this values:

77 ? 27161 root 152 20 1400M 1377M run 4156:33 14.23 14.20 nsrjobd

Bojan

Do you believe in euthanasia? It doesn't matter if you don't - just kill it.  Simply find right time and stop server.  Then delete /nsr/res/jobsdb and start backup server again.  This will buy some time for you.

Highlighted
snthr
1 Nickel

I've killed it and removed the jobsd, after that ccr works and for now I didn't have any time-outs.

I am monitoring the nsrjobd to see how much time do I have before it gets to 1.5Gb again...

Br,

Bojan

0 Kudos
ble1
5 Iridium

In my case it was between 40-60 days - not sure right now. Last time I stop/start it was 28th last month and now it's 213/177M (S/R).

0 Kudos
ble1
5 Iridium

Let me continue with my monologue. Why monologue?  Because I have ticket opened for almost 3 months with no feedback (except initial give us everything-you-got request to run nsrget).  I have to be fair and say that I have ticket opened over EMC partner, but they assure me that they do not get feedback from EMC engineering.  With that in mind, I can assume following:

a) EMC does like partner

b) This issue is bigger than I thought initially

c) both

I'm not going to guess as that doesn't help, but I will say that it IS bigger than I originally thought as I can confirm that I see the same thing on AIX based backup server. And I suspect Linux too; I recently updated those to 8.0.3.1, but at different times and top -p <nsrjobd pid> shows that those started first have larger memory usage (all those servers are small and share pretty similar load - difference should not impact memory usage).  I also compared this against one remaining NW7 server on AIX; memory usage is 130M opposed to NW8 which grabbed 1.46G while running since 15th January.  It is fair to say that NW8.0.x sucks - sucking memory via nsrjobd

0 Kudos

Hrvoje,

I would liek to appolgize for the delay in this issue being resolved and I would like to see if I can assist in getting this problem pushed to resolution.

In order to do that I will need some information emailed to me. Please send me the following information:

The EMC service request, if you have

Your partner company name

Your primary contact at the partner company

I have a fair amount of information from this post.  If I need more, I will let you know.

I can tell you that there is a technical note open for this issue and it is being investigated by NetWorker engineering.  I would like to make sure you are included in this process, if possible.

Again, my appologizes for this issue not being taken care for you.

Mark

mark.bellows@emc.com

0 Kudos
ble1
5 Iridium

Hi Mark,

I emailed the data to you.  I've been told this morning that for some reason ticket was still at EMC as sev3 (while it should be sev2).

Cheers, H

0 Kudos
ansr
1 Copper

Dear

:save: Error ending job: Stale asynchronous RPC handle

0 Kudos
ble1
5 Iridium

8.0.1.5 is a bit behind in respect to current patch level (for same code tree that would be 8.0.3.7).  As for error itself, if this is again on NMDA side, I know for sure this is fixed in NMDA 1.5 as I do not get an issue with it.  However, if you get this with file system backup, then chances are that you really have an error somewhere like hanging NFS on the client (easiest way to check is via bdf command).

0 Kudos
ble1
5 Iridium

Actually, latest patch level for 8.0 is 8.0.4.1.

0 Kudos
ansr
1 Copper

Thanks for quick answers. As i heard from customer we will go directly to 8.1 soon.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Best regards

Andreas Anastassiou

ISD - Industrie Service für Datenverarbeitung GmbH

Technical Service Center (TSC)

Senior Systems Engineer

Sternstrasse 166-168

67063 Ludwigshafen

Phone +49 621 6361 993

andreas.anastassiou@isd.de

www.isd.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 67063 Ludwigshafen am Rhein

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Ludwigshafen

Handelsregisternummer: HRB 4595

Geschäftsführer: Peter Krauß (Sprecher der Geschäftsführung), Ralf Trautz, Rouven Heim, Herbert Schenkel

Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail Nachricht von ISD GmbH ist ausschließlich für deren Empfänger bestimmt. Die Verwendung dieser Nachricht durch Dritte ist verboten. Falls Sie diese E-Mail versehentlich erhalten haben, löschen Sie sie bitte, ohne deren Inhalte, auch nur teilweise, zu lesen, zu benutzen, zu kopieren oder an Dritte weiterzuleiten. ISD GmbH übernimmt keinerlei Haftung für Schäden, die aus E-Mail Kommunikation entstehen.

Von: Hrvoje Crvelin

Gesendet: Montag, 29. September 2014 15:54

An: Anastassiou, Andreas

Betreff: Re: - nsrjobd memory leak in NW8

ECN <https://community.emc.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

nsrjobd memory leak in NW8

reply from Hrvoje Crvelin<https://community.emc.com/people/ble?et=watches.email.thread> in NetWorker Support Forum - View the full discussion<https://community.emc.com/message/840547?et=watches.email.thread#840547>

0 Kudos