Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 12th, 2010 00:00

nsrstage not working: server busy

Hello,

we are running NetWorker 7.5.1 and are in the process of setting up a new NetWorker environment. However, we want to bring some of the old backup data to the new environment using the following procedure:

- on the old environment (no tapedrives on this) we "nsrstage" the defined savesets to a specially defined adv_file device.

- then we connect this adv_file device to a Storage Node and configure this on the new NetWorker Server

- now we run scanner -i on this device having all the indexes in the new database

- we mount the basic and the .RO volumes on the adv_file devices

At this point all seems to be correct.

- run the nsrstage command as seen below to bring the old data to the new environment tapedrives and get the busy problem.....

========================================================================================

C:\>nsrstage -v -b "BinckBank 7jaar" -J unwrathene -y 3/31/17 -m -S -f c:\users\_hbremer\Alex_016_ss_1.txt

Obtaining media database information on server rnwrathene.binckbank.nv
Parsing save set id(s)
Migrating the following save sets (ids):
5874:nsrstage: Automatically copying save sets(s) to other volume(s)

Starting migration operation...
NSR server rnwrathene.binckbank.nv: busy
waiting 30 seconds then retrying
6358:nsrstage: nsrstage command has retried 2 times.

etc.....etc.....

=========================================================================================

A tape is mounted from the "BinckBank 7jaar" volume pool and if the .RO volumes is not mounted, we get a request to do so. Mounting  the .RO (and the basic) volume the busy problem appears.

What is causing this?

Is there something wrong in the procedure?

What can we do to resolve this problem?

Regards,

Harry Bremer

76 Posts

April 12th, 2010 12:00

Hi Harry,

I don´t saw -J option in nsrstage man page, why are you using this option? try run the command without this option.
     If you are running nsrstage on a storage node dont´t forget use -s option with NetWorker server name.

Regards,

Anderson Xavier

28 Posts

April 12th, 2010 23:00

Hello Anderson,

looking in the Command Reference Manual of 7.5 i see:

SYNOPSIS nsrstage [ – v ] [ –d ] [ – s server ] [ – J storage-node ] [ –b pool ] [ – y retention ] –m –S {
– f file ú ssid[/cloneid]... }

So it is valid....

But i used it also without this parameter and got the same problem; only in the messages is says, that it will use the Storage Node to get the data.

Regards,

Harry

76 Posts

April 13th, 2010 04:00

Hi Harry,

you are right, my man pages isn´t updated:

NSRSTAGE(8)                    NetWorker 7.3                    NSRSTAGE(8)
                                 Dec 15, 05

NAME
      nsrstage - NetWorker save set staging command

SYNOPSIS
      nsrstage [ -v ] [ -d ] [ -s server ] [ -b pool ] [ -y retention ] -m -S
               { -f file | ssid[/cloneid]... }

Try stage only one save set as a symple you can:

nsrstage -v -b -y -m -S

Regards,

Anderson Xavier

28 Posts

April 13th, 2010 06:00

Hi Anderson,

i did try this and had the same problem. Even tried with the cloneid:

nsrstage -v -b -y -m -S /

Now the basic volume is selected instead of the .RO volume: same problem!!

Harry

76 Posts

April 13th, 2010 07:00

Harry,

I think source or target are not eligible for stage operation, Are you using a single drive or a jukebox? if you using jukebox what is the value of read hostname jukebox properties, and what is the value of storage nodes, clone storage nodes and recover storage nodes of storage node were adv file is mounted and NetWorker server.

Regards,

Anderson Xavier

55 Posts

April 13th, 2010 11:00

Hi Harry,

This error generally occurs if you are trying to stage agin after a unsuccessful attempt. jut restart the NW services and try staging again. Also, ensure that there are drices available for the staging process.

Hope this helped.

Rovin D'Souza.

28 Posts

April 23rd, 2010 05:00

=======================================================================================

Harry,

I think source or  target are not eligible for stage operation, Are you using a single  drive or a jukebox? if you using jukebox what is the value of read  hostname jukebox properties, and what is the value of storage nodes,  clone storage nodes and recover storage nodes of storage node were adv  file is mounted and NetWorker server.

Regards,

Anderson Xavier

=======================================================================================
Anderson,
what do you mean by "value of read hostname jukebox properties"? I am using a D3DL as a VTL jukebox
Regards,
HArry

96 Posts

April 23rd, 2010 06:00

Hi Harry,

you should try not to use ssid only but ssid/cloneid from the rw-device. May be that helps.

You can get the 'ssid/cloneid' with  'mminfo -r "ssid,cloneid" -xc"/" -q "volume= "  don#t use the .RO device

76 Posts

April 27th, 2010 10:00

Hi,

get the library properties and select Configuration tab, you will see Read hostname option, put the storage node server name.

Regards,

Anderson Xavier

No Events found!