Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 9th, 2011 15:00

nsrvadp_save: The following internal error occurred: Unable to download config file

Hi,

I trying to get this VADP working. I upgraded from VCB to VADP accordingly to the guide but I keek getting this error. It works fine on some VM's but 80% of  the VM's fails with the following error

Initializing VADP Configuration.
Using vmcoba01dkserv as the VADP proxy server host for client SQL2K3SERV.
Application information attribute VADP_HOST for client SQL2K3SERV is set to "vmvc01dkserv".
Application information attribute VADP_DISABLE_FLR for client SQL2K3SERV is set to default value of "No".
Application information attribute VADP_BACKUPROOT for client SQL2K3SERV is set to "D:\NetworkerVCB".
Application information attribute VADP_TRANSPORT_MODE for client SQL2K3SERV is set to "san|hotadd".
Application information attribute VADP_MAX_RETRIES for client SQL2K3SERV is set to "1".
Application information attribute VADP_MAX_BACKOFF_TIME for client SQL2K3SERV is set to "10".
Trying to reset the client resource application information attributes.
Application information attribute VADP_HYPERVISOR for client SQL2K3SERV is set to "vmvc01dkserv.dako.net".
VC\ESX Host Name        : 172.16.50.180
VC\ESX Port             : 443
VC\ESX Username         : netwadmin
Mount point             : D:\NetworkerVCB\SQL2K3SERV
Flavor                  : fullvm
Transport Mode          : san:hotadd
Max retry               : 1
Max backoff time        : 10
VDDK Install Directory: C:\Program Files\Legato\nsr\plugins\VDDK.
VADP VM-TMP Directory Location: D:\NetworkerVCB\SQL2K3SERV\SQL2K3SERV\SQL2K3SERV-tmp\letters\1.
Temporary Directory for VM created.
VADP TMP Directory Location: D:\NetworkerVCB\SQL2K3SERV\SQL2K3SERV\tmp.
Temporary Directory for VADP created.
Temporary vmMntLoc Directory for VADP created.
*** vStorage API driver (system32\drivers\vstor2-mntapi10-shared.sys) not installed by NetWorker. This may cause potential compatibility issues. ***
Performing the backup via the Virtual Center.
Trying to connect to the VM using ipaddr/DNS name 'SQL2K3SERV'.
Performing a FULL Image level backup.
Found 1 snapshots of name _VADP-BACKUP_ for the VM host SQL2K3SERV.
Deleting snapshot for 'snapshot-13164' ...
Task is -1% complete
Task is 95% complete
Task is -1% complete
Creating snapshot for SQL2K3SERV.
Creating snapshot for 'vm-6567' ...
Task is -1% complete
Task is 95% complete
Task is -1% complete
SnapShot created Successfully for VM 'SQL2K3SERV'.
Downloading VM configuration for SQL2K3SERV.
83065:nsrvadp_save: The following internal error occurred: Unable to download config file: 'SQL2K3SERV/SQL2K3SERV.vmx', HTTP response code: 500, URL: 'https://172.16.50.180:443/folder/SQL2K3SERV/SQL2K3SERV.vmx?dcPath=DAKO&dsName=VMFS%5FR5%5FE1'
83687:nsrvadp_save: Could not download VM configuration for VM 'SQL2K3SERV'.
Temporary directory 'D:\NetworkerVCB\SQL2K3SERV' for VADP deleted.

Anybody got any ideas??

153 Posts

June 5th, 2011 14:00

Hi All,

Sorry for this late update. Been very busy.

Well, all my issues are solved. The customer upgraded his ESX farm with 4.0 update 3 and everything worked. There is one thing that I'm a bit concerned about. I haven't really looked into this further but it seems like when a VM moves from one ESX host to another this infomation is not updated in Networker client config and therefore the backup will fail. Shouldn't AutoDiscovery VM's solve this? or doesn't it update the client config?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 12th, 2011 00:00

Hi Broeste;

Probably is the Name resolution of your VADP Proxy (Short name, FQDN).

Were you available to run Auto-Discovery under Configuration>Virtualization in the Networker Management Console?

Have look at the parameters in the Advanced tab of the Auto-Discovery Settings?

Thanks in advance to let me know;

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 12th, 2011 01:00

Ho Broeste;

Also did you change the TCP Port for the Web services of the VCenter server? If yes, do the following:

To configure the vCenter server to use a port other than the default port for communications, click the Advanced tab of Auto-Discovery and specify the correct port in the

endpoint attribute of NSRhypervisor field.

For example, if vCenter uses port 2000, define the endpoint attribute of

NSRhypervisor attribute as:

https://server_hostname:2000/sdk

153 Posts

May 17th, 2011 21:00

Hi,

Sorry for my late respond. I have been attending EMC World and took some extra days off after.

The auto discovery works fine and the strange thing is that it's working on some of the VM's but around 80% fail. This is an upgrade from VCB to VADP so the proxy name and so on haven't changed. I'm flying back tomorrow and will look into this an keep you posted

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 18th, 2011 00:00

Hi;

You can have a look at the VMWare article

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1019286.

Which version of VCenter server do you have? If it's 4.0, you may be required to upgrade to version 4.1.

153 Posts

May 25th, 2011 03:00

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The user i'm using has administrative rights so I'm sure that's not the issue. As posted in this discussion it works on one out of 8 esx in this vcenter setup

Sent from my iPhone

8 Posts

May 25th, 2011 03:00

If you are using the same account to do VADP backups as you used for VCB backups, check the permissions it has within vmware. I belive that VADP requires different access than VCB did.

Details of the permissions required can be found on page 52 of the "EMC Networker VMware Integration Guide" which is part of the Networker 7.6 SP2 Document Set.

153 Posts

May 25th, 2011 06:00

Hi,

I think I have come across something that might be causing the problem. I looked through the client configuration on the client working and the ones not working and the only difference is this. On the Info & Licensing Tap of the client configuration I can see that the Networker version on the ones working is 7.6.2 Build 631 but on the ones not working it still says Networker Version 7.6.1 Build 397.

I tried changing it with NSRADMIN but it a readonly field so no luck. How can I upgrade this info??? I tried recreating a client not working but with no luck

14.3K Posts

June 1st, 2011 09:00

It is RO field as it reflects currently installed NW version on client.  To change it, you must upgrade your client.

No Events found!