Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 28th, 2011 07:00

nwrecover not on server

Hello,

In the Networker Manual it refers to the nwrecover program. On our backup server (Networker 7.5.4), I try to use nwrecover and it says its a badcommand or filename. So I go looking for it and it's not in the bin folder or anywhere I can find.

Why does the manual refer to "nwrecover" and should I be using it instead of "recover"?

240 Posts

nwrecover is the correct name of the file. I would verify that you have the nsr\bin folder in your NetWorker server path.

If you do a search for the file on the server and it is not there, I would recommend that you re-run the install and “repair” it. DO NOT OVER WRITE your databases (media and index).

Mark

240 Posts

From the NetWorker 7.5 Command Reference Guide:

NWRECOVER

nwrecover - NetWorker graphical recover interface

SYNOPSIS

nwrecover

[ -T browse time | "l locale_date" ] [ ]

DESCRIPTION

nwrecover is an X Window System application. It is used to recover lost files that have

been saved with NetWorker. If you are running in a non-X11 environment, recover(1m) can

be used to recover files.

RECOVER

recover - browse and recover NetWorker files

SYNOPSIS

recover

[-t date | "l locale_date"]

recover

-a path...

recover

-s server -S ssid[/cloneid]

[-S ssid[/cloneid]]... ...

recover -i -R recover-target

recover

DESCRIPTION

recover browses the saved file index and recovers selected files from the NetWorker

system. The file index is created in the backup index namespace when files are saved

with save(1m). If files are saved into an index-storing archive pool using nsrarchive(

1m), the file index is created in the archive index namespace. When in interactive

mode (the default), the user is presented with a view of the index similar to a

UNIX filesystem, and may move through the index to select and recover files or entire

directories. In automatic mode (-a option), the files specified on the command line are

recovered immediately without browsing. While in save set recover mode (-S option), the

save set(s) specified are retrieved directly without browsing the NetWorker file index.

Use of save set recover mode is restricted to root.

Mark Bellows

No Events found!