Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 25th, 2011 11:00

port settings.... for Networker 7.5.2

Hello everyone...

I am a newbie to Networker and have taught my self everything so far.  It has truly been a painful process.  However, I am really having fun, need some help

I having some issues with my network device.  I see the device under devices which is under the library.  However, when I scan for devices the jukebox does not see the device.  I check the HP Tape Library and Tools the scan fails on scanning devices.   Unrecognized SCSI Adapter - tells me.

So the magic question is - Do I have a failing drive on my hands.  When I do the health check it comes back good.

Any suggestions or help --- please.

Thanks,

Newbie - JTH

July 25th, 2011 17:00

I assume you have configured this correctly in the past and been backing up okay to it (which would explain why you can see this in the GUI)?  Now you are having issues and inquire returns nothing (and a SCSI error) which sounds like a hardware issue to me, not necessarily the drive which is at fault.  Does anything else get returned by inquire (do you have other devices including library which should be visible) or does it hang/fail?  What steps have you taken to resolve this - reboot server, power cycle library etc. ?

July 26th, 2011 06:00

Power cycle the drive first, you can also check whether any error indicators are shown on the drive.

17 Posts

July 26th, 2011 06:00

Hi David.

I have a silly question - I have not power cycled any of the hard ware yet.  I was wondering which order is best.... power cycle the server first or power cycle the tape library.

When I open the HP Tape library and tools it still have an error of STOP - un recognized SCSI adapter - Maybe you are right rebooting the tape library and the server will be a way of refreshing the connection of both.

In the messages - it indicates that Tape1 is either skipped or it is no longer connected.  It gives you a Yellow warning light.

17 Posts

July 28th, 2011 06:00

Hi David,

Good new - my tape library is working pretty good now - thanks to your helpful insight.  And now I am getting a couple of my couple of my groups to work --Yeah!!!  It seems that I am pooling some the other 2 groups but the information from the server indicates that I need to have networker client 7.5 or higher for my system can see the client.

David what is the best approach when it comes down to creating a client on networker.  Should I first install the client and then add the host.-- which seems logical?  Your thoughts -- :-)

Thank you soooo much David for all of your help - I hope you will continue to be my support guru to help me.  I am learning so much - been reading and reviewing several videos on this product.  I really like ---

Keep in touch -

Janeiro "JT" Hagans

July 28th, 2011 06:00

You need to install the Networker client on the host first, then configure in Networker.  Ideally your Networker client should be of the same version as the server but it is not essential and an older client version is compatible.  If you have any storage nodes configured it is more important that they are at the same version as the server.

17 Posts

July 29th, 2011 07:00

Hello David - this all works great... the tape drive look good.

As well as I am installing my networker clients on the different workstations.

I have a quick question for you -

I get a message the "client does not support remote operation"....

Any idea on how to fix this problem.

Thanks again for all of your help..

JT Hagans

116 Posts

July 29th, 2011 07:00

Hi Hagans,

It's looks like communication problem, try to resolve dns of the client to server and vice-versa

From the client

nslookup server_nw

nslookup server_nw.fqdn

nslookup IP_server_nw

Do the same thing from the server to client.

Test the command rpcinfo -p server_nw from the client verify if have communication on ports 7937,7938...

Verify client aliases in Configuration > Clients > Properties > Globals (1 of 2)

Verify the \nsr\res\servers file if the name of the NW Server is correct...

Regards.

Luis Rogerio

17 Posts

August 1st, 2011 09:00

Hi David & Luis

I really appreciate all of your help so far.  It looks like I do have some DNS issues.  Working with Networking OPS to address this.  However - I am trying to back up on my red hat server - a directory /var/lookatme - and the directory is like 45 GB in size.  It seems that the spooling  however it is aborting after a period of time.  Why is this - is there an adjustment that needs to be done on the juke box???

As well as I am getting this message " An unsuccessful attempt to impersonate user %s was made by %s. If %s can be trusted, grant the user "Administrator" privileges on the NetWorker server" .  I beleive this is telling me that I need to create a user with enough privileges to be trusted as well as to back up the data.

I created another account called user with Admin privileges and I am going to try that.  Any thoughts.

Thanks so much!!

JT Hagans

17 Posts

August 2nd, 2011 05:00

Thank you guys for all of your help.

No Events found!