Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 29th, 2011 06:00

"Monitoring" screen does not update

Monitoring screen does not update with the real statistics. In the properties of the job show Status as "running" but has no active drive (writing). In the "Device" tab shows all media as unmounted.

How can i fix this problem?

14.3K Posts

June 29th, 2011 06:00

SarahMilani wrote:

Monitoring screen does not update with the real statistics. In the properties of the job show Status as "running" but has no active drive (writing). In the "Device" tab shows all media as unmounted.

How can i fix this problem?

That's possible - you may have job running, but no active session.  I would suggest to verify "real" state using nsrwatch.  nsrwatch usually gives accurate and more real time friendly data.

21 Posts

June 29th, 2011 07:00

My Networker Server (7.6.1 version) running on Windows Server 2008. =/

2.4K Posts

June 29th, 2011 10:00

As Hrvoje stated already, there are sometimes differences even in the same window. It just happened to me yesterday that the savegroup details window still showed two active save sets while the group icon in the background already indicated a successfully finished group.

If you are in doubt, refresh manually. Sorry for no better answer.

21 Posts

June 29th, 2011 11:00

The only way I found to update for the real status is stop Networker service and start it again =/

2.4K Posts

June 29th, 2011 11:00

If this is really the case, there is something else wrong. If the manual refresh method does not work, switching windows back an forth should do the trick.

June 30th, 2011 02:00

All media may be unmounted.  A job may be running but may not have any suitable tapes available so would be unable to mount anything.  Check your logs and see if it is waiting for a tape from a pool with no media available.

14.3K Posts

June 30th, 2011 03:00

SarahMilani wrote:

My Networker Server (7.6.1 version) running on Windows Server 2008. =/

I'm not sure if latest versions of 7.6.1.x have nsrwatch on Windows (7.6.2.x and 7.5.4.x do).  You may install it on your laptop (client only) or any other box and run it from there (nsrwatch -s ).  You can also check log of course to see if there are any pending messages there.  That would eliminate pending tape request issue (though I would still suggest nsrwatch - it's recent incarnation on Windows and UNIX made certain things more acceable then it did previously).  Perhaps someone running recent builds of 7.6.1.x (7.6.1.7 being last I believe) can either tell us if that version has nsrwatch on Windows.

116 Posts

July 4th, 2011 12:00

Hi Sarah,

Did you tried close networker gui and clear the java cache in the control panel > Java?

You can try stop networker services and clear the directory /nsr/tmp and /nsr/res/jobsdb and then start networker services...remember, doing this all groups turn to green status on monitoring.

Regards.

Luis Rogerio

21 Posts

There is no other way to force the update of Networker Gui ? =/

14.3K Posts

SarahMilani wrote:

There is no other way to force the update of Networker Gui ? =/

Usually these things are either seen in busy environments due to jobsdb (you can tweak it to retain data for 1 day and that helps).  You can also enlarge polling intervals in case that server is busy.  Another thing is to make sure to have latest patch level of java of course.

No Events found!