Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2010 07:00

recovery question

If the recover or nwrecover command is executed from the solaris client then can we browse any of the OS files and recover it or is it that we can only browse for solaris files only??...

if this command is executed form the solaris client will the files be browsable??..

eg: recover -s -c

334 Posts

October 29th, 2010 11:00

Hi Pratap,

It can browse any files, but restore attempt will fail if executed for Windows.

At the moment we enforce cross-platform limitation Unix/Linux vs Windows, but not for each Unix/Linux separately.  I was told cross-platform (unix<->windows) is hard due to permissions or any kind of metadata as underlying OS/FS are too different.

Allan

41 Posts

October 29th, 2010 11:00

Hi Allan,

Can I know that from the Solaris OS which other os files can be browsed? Like is it possible to browse NetWare os files and MAC os files & browsing a windows os files I know it’s possible as per the mail below...

334 Posts

November 1st, 2010 13:00

Old Novell savesets are DOS based, so they are treated the same as Windows. In general, you can browse anything.  NetWorker will allow recovery between some platforms and block some others.  Maybe we could keep this discussion going by having others list what they use in their own environments- browse/recover?

No Events found!