Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 2nd, 2014 21:00

storage node configuration

i just install storage node server and i cant do a successful backup with it..can anybody help me with this..i really need the steps..i am new to networker.

thanks,

randy

2.4K Posts

July 2nd, 2014 23:00

Which OS do you use?

45 Posts

July 2nd, 2014 23:00

Thank you for the support. Windows Server 2008 R2 both networker server and storage node.

Networker version is 8.1

2.4K Posts

July 3rd, 2014 00:00

Fine.

Install the NW client and storage node SW. Make sure that you server name is added correctly.

Then on the NW server, use the device configuration wizard to add the device.

This is it.

45 Posts

where will i be adding this?sorry for being so dump.:)

45 Posts

in already installed the storage node..after that, i added the ip address and hostname of the storage node to the host file of the networker server. and then i added storage node under the Device...and then i configure the backup and unfortunately i got failed..i think i mess something..

45 Posts

we cannot install networker client and storage node at the same time..only one can be installed.

2.4K Posts

SW = Software (packages).

HW = Hardware

NW = NetWorker

GW = Guessware ... just kidding :-)

When you install the software, simply select the appropriate option.

On Linux/UNIX, you will see separate packages.

On Windows, the installation option includes (invisibly) the installation of the NW client SW.

45 Posts

what do you mean by SW bingo?..

14.3K Posts

Add also root@storage_node (if UNIX/Linux) or SYSTEM@storage_node and administrator@storage_node (if Windows). From that point, you can define devices on storage node and then you can test backups by changing storage node client storage node to be itself.

14.3K Posts

July 3rd, 2014 01:00

Admin list.  Go to NMC and you have two choices:

- add it under Users and Groups management

- or click on properties of server and update administrator list there

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

ranstorm,

On windows when you select the storage node component during installation, it installs the client component of NetWorker. The client component of NetWorker is the basic component. Please follow the instructions to get things going.

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

You have installed Storage Node and Client software on the storage node in question but have you configured any devices for this storage node.

Also, to add all users on the storage node to the admin list just run the command on the NetWorker server.

Once you have the devices configured, go to the client properties -> Globals 2 of 2 and mention the storage node hostname as the first entry in the "Storage NOdes" Field.

45 Posts

like this sir?

networkerserver=storage node

create user in networker.PNG.png

45 Posts

alright i understand now,,during installation of storage node, the client also installed..okay.i am done with this..

for the networker server part,,what configuration should i do?

45 Posts

sorry but i dont get this "Client software on the storage node"..i can only install storage node at the same time.

No Events found!