Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 12th, 2010 04:00

upgrading from release 7.2 to 7.6

Hello all,

I have to update a networker installation from 7.2 to 7.6. I've been reading some licensing information because I am worry about the license differencies since

release 7.4, some of the changes are the cluster client connection licenses which are not longer necesary, but if the update is done directly from 7.2 to 7.6 the previous licensing model will be enforced. My question is easy, do I have to update from 7.2 to 7.4 sp2 as a previous step to upgrade to 7.6.

Hereby is the parragraph that makes my doubt about the direct upgrade to 7.6

Cluster Client Connections license: With EBS release 7.4 Service Pack 2,
the Cluster Client Connections license is eliminated. Cluster clients no longer
require a separate license. Instead, each physical node of the cluster will
consume one regular Client Connection license.
For this change to take effect, the EBS server and all clustered
EBS client machines will have to be upgraded to 7.4 Service Pack 2.
Otherwise, previous licensing requirements are enforced.

Regards.

2K Posts

March 15th, 2010 01:00

Yes, I meant update enabler for upgrading to version 7.6

2K Posts

March 12th, 2010 20:00

It is not neccessary to upgrade to 7.4 SP2 to go to 7.6. If you have the right enablers, you can upgrade directly to 7.6. When on 7.6, all licensing changes that have been enforced prior to 7.6 and on 7.6, become applicable when you upgrde to 7.6. There were some changes in 7.3 serires also ex. getting NMC integrated to Networker, these also get applied.

Only if there is any feature(licensing/non-licensing) that has been withdrawan between 7.4 & 7.6, then it will not be applicable to 7.6 but I am not sure if there is any such feature. In your case, upgrading to 7.6 in a single attempt will apply all changes introduced between 7.2 to 7.6.

March 15th, 2010 00:00

Thank for your help. When you talk about the right enabler, are you refering to the update enabler ?.

Regards.

116 Posts

March 16th, 2010 03:00

I have done a few 7.1 straight to 7.6 lately on our branch servers. The update enabler it calls for is the 7.5 one.

No Events found!