We have two site (A, B ) each one is using EMC legato Networker and using the same backup library HP MSL 8096 LTO4 1.6TB
Now, we need to restore data from site A in site B (data backed up in site A and tapes send to site B, then we need to restore the data in Site B) and vice versa.
Both sites running Legato 7.6.1 running on Windows 2003 SP2
Thank you so much in advance
This is an older article, but the process is the same:
Goal: How to recover a client without performing a recovery from the original Backup Server
Goal: How to rebuild a client without the use of the backup server
Fact: Windows 2000 sp 01
Fact: NetWorker Server for Windows
Fact: NetWorker Client for Unix
Fix: - Install the same version of the same Operating System and same version of NetWorker (install the NetWorker backup server on the new machine which will become the old Client)
- If the new machine will have a different name, then you will need to edit the hosts file on the New Solaris machine and add an entry for the old machine with a fake ip address (10.10.10.1)
- Create the old machine as a client in NetWorker on the new Solaris machine. Make sure, you create it using the same client ID as it existed on the original Backup Server.
This can be found by running the following command from the Original NetWorker Server: mminfo -av -c client_name -r "client, clientid"
- On the New Solaris machine, run nwadmin, go to Client --> Client Setup and select old client (client that backed up the files, which you just created)
- Enter @ in the Remote Access field and then Click Apply
- Scan the volume that contains the backup for the client.
- Now you will need to perform a Directed recovery by running nwrecover from the new Solaris machine
- Go to Change --> Client, in nwrecover, and select the source client (old machine) and click OK
- Mark the root directory to recover everything
- Then select Recover
This should do it.
Let me know if you need anything further.
Thank you for answer, anyhow I still have few things I can not perform:
- Scan the volume that contains the backup for the client. How to scan the voluem?
- Now you will need to perform a Directed recovery by running nwrecover from the new Solaris machine. How to do it?
Many thanks Mark