Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 11th, 2012 14:00

whats DISASTER_RECOVERY:\ saveset

Need community's help to identify use of DISASTER_RECOVERY:\ saveset in NW 7.6.3, is it a substitue of VSS savesets. What data does gets Backedup in DISASTER_RECOVERY:\

57 Posts

August 12th, 2012 02:00

The DISASTER_RECOVERY:\  is used for performing diasaster recovery of windows server. 

VSS save sets are not included in a DISASTER_RECOVERY:\ save set and cannot be restored separately from the DISASTER_RECOVERY:\ save set

DISASTER_RECOVERY:\ save set encapsulates all of the critical volumes that are required to provide complete Windows DR capabilities. The disaster recovery backup also creates save sets for each critical volume. The critical volume save sets are named

For more information, please read the NetWorker 7.6.3 administration guide chapter 24.

155 Posts

September 14th, 2012 11:00

If I have to take system state Backup of my Server, will Disaster_Recovery save set Backup be enough or I need to take System_Components save set Backup?.........

September 17th, 2012 02:00

Hi Suraj.

VSS save sets are not included in a DISASTER_RECOVERY:\ save set and cannot be restored separately from the DISASTER_RECOVERY:\ save set.

You have to backup the system components seperately.

Thank you

ShivaKiran

No Events found!