Highlighted
rhythm1
1 Copper

write open error: command completed successfully (drive status is DRIVE_STATUS_WRITE_PROTECT)

Hi All,

I am facing issue when i am trying to relabel a media (infact all the media) from a recyclable set of tapes.

I get the below message:

cancellation: none;
             completion code: ;
               error message: \
"write open error: command completed successfully (drive status is DRIVE_STATUS_WRITE_PROTECT)";
                 last update: "Thu Jul 21 09:04:03 2011";
"Operation `Verify label' in progress on device `\\\\.\\Tape2147483637'",
"Operation `Label without mount' in progress on device `\\\\.\\Tape2147483637'",
                              "Label: `PR0321', pool: `2weekVTL', capacity: `<NULL>'.",
                              "Operation `Eject' in progress on device `\\\\.\\Tape2147483637'";
                        name: PRVTL1;
          operation instance: 7170;
            operation source: GUI jb op;
                    progress: failed;
             prompt response: ;
                      prompt: ;
                  start time: "Thu Jul 21 09:03:31 2011";

We are getting the above messages on all the tape drives.

There has been no changes in the enviromnet .

Could someone please provide some pointers to go about and trouble shoot the problems.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RFreund1
2 Bronze

Re: write open error: command completed successfully (drive status is DRIVE_STATUS_WRITE_PROTECT)

Strange enough that you actually look at the resource info and not at the error from the process. But let's see:

The drive is not write protected - it could just be not write enabled (i.e. Read Only).

Consequently, the message must come from the media.

Could it be that you just did not toggle the write protect notch when you inserted it?

As the jukebox can not detect it, the drive will just do this when you want to write/label the media.

If you try to run the process from the command line (with added verbosity), you will most likely get more/better info.

0 Kudos
rhythm1
1 Copper

Re: write open error: command completed successfully (drive status is DRIVE_STATUS_WRITE_PROTECT)

Thanks for your response.

However it isnt a physical library its a VTL ,but i guess the poblem has been resolved.

Thanks again

0 Kudos