Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 18th, 2015 09:00

10Gbase-T module lights won't go out after switch powering up

I have a pc6248 with the latest firmware version and a 10gbase-t module whose lights do not go off after powering up the switch.  But if I do a 'reload', the module lights go off and then works normally.  So there is something about powering up the switch that causes the module's lights to stay on and the module doesn't connect or pass traffic until I do a 'reload'.  I have another module that works normally in the switch, so it doesn't appear to be a switch problem.  Has anybody else seen this?  Any clues to what may be going on?  Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 18th, 2015 13:00

I see, unfortunately there is not really anything that can be done to those modules. No firmware updates or anything like that.  Having two of the same exact module, 1 works and 1 does not, points to an issue with the module. Was the module a recent purchase? If so you may be able to get it swapped out.

With the faulty module installed, if you issue a shutdown command and then a no shutdown command on the interface, does the behavior change at all?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 18th, 2015 12:00

Have you tried swapping the module to the other bay? See if the issue stays with the module. Is the module that works fine the same part number?

August 18th, 2015 13:00

I'm working with the 10Gbase-T module which only works in the 2nd bay.  I did move it to the 1st bay and the red 'Wrong Bay' lite came on.  The part number is the same on both modules, 0X901C.  Thanks for the suggestions, anymore?

August 18th, 2015 15:00

We actually have 2 modules that have the same symptom.  We've had these modules for a few years now, bought them pre-owned.  The shutdown command does nothing, the module's lights stay on and won't work until I 'reload' the configuration, then works normally.  How we're implementing the switches, they may not always have an address assigned or the console connected.  Oh well, I'll just start giving them an address and be sure to use an UPS.  Thanks for your help.

No Events found!