Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 17th, 2008 17:00

6224 config download

Hello,

I have a new 6224 that I am trying to download a config onto...

I am using WINAgents TFTP

I am able to upload a config just fine to the TFTP Server, but when I try to download the config to the 6224 I get: failed to transfer file. Unable to receive a packet from the client (Error Code A14800EA)

I have made sure that Access rights are given but I keep getting the above error...

One thing that I was thinking might be causing the problem is that the switch that I pulled the config from is on a different firmware than the new one...Would that cause the configs to fail to upload?

The config is from a switch running 1.0.0.27

I am trying to download it to a switch running 2.1.0.13

Thanks for any help......

13 Posts

September 18th, 2008 19:00

Just a thought but I recevied an error when I tried to tftp and it was the filename that was to long. I changed it from:

copy run tftp://10.10.10.10/xx.20080918.1700.dellSwitch

to:

copy run tftp://10.10.10.10/test

and it worked.

I don't remember the error number you posted though.

53 Posts

September 18th, 2008 20:00

Check if the flash file system is intact by performing the following command
    console#Devshell chkdsk(‘/DskVol/’,0,0x200)

Note:!!! It does work on the console port ONLY!!!

Also what are you getting on "show dir" command? 

1 Message

October 28th, 2013 12:00

I ran into this thread trying to upgrade the firmware on a dell 6248 and got the same error message. I'm also using winagents tftp V4.  I've done this upgrade a few years ago and had to do it through XMODEM because of that error too, so that took a very long time to transfer a 9mb file. 

This time around, i was messing around with the winagents server options and there's an option in the general tab.  Check the "Enable firewall support" in the TFTP Server Settings.   To get there,  Click on Server->TFTP Server Settings.  I don't know why you have to check this button because my firewall was off to begin with anyway.  who would've thought.....

This should allow you to transfer the firmware via TFTP and save a TON of time.  Hope this helps for anyone else that runs into this problem.

Cong

11 Posts

November 21st, 2018 22:00

Thank mate... I was struggling with it as well. Thank heaps... worked perfectly after ticking that "enable firewall support"..

No Events found!