Highlighted
rvericel
2 Iron

[7048P] possibility adding OOB port in the production VLAN

Jump to solution

Hi everybody,

I would like manage a PowerConnect 7048P switch without came physically near to this switch with console mode.

That's why, I would like to configure the OOB port in the specific switches VLAN, but when I configure the gateway of OOB interface, I have a message said me I can't do that.

After, I tried to configure the OOB port in the VLAN1 (default VLAN) and I have the same message.

I would like to know if it's possible to do what I want to do.

Thank in advance everybody will answer me.

Best regards,

Romain VERICEL

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: [7048P] possibility adding OOB port in the production VL

Jump to solution

Hi,

The OOB port has to be on its own VLAN. Page 89 https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/common/powerconnect-7024_user%27s%20guide_en-us.pdf The Out-of-Band (OOB) management port is a 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet port dedicated to remote switch management. Traffic on this port is segregated from operational network traffic on the switch ports and cannot be switched or routed to the operational network.

Thanks,
Josh Craig
Dell EMC Enterprise Support Services
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi,

The OOB port has to be on its own VLAN. Page 89 https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/common/powerconnect-7024_user%27s%20guide_en-us.pdf The Out-of-Band (OOB) management port is a 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet port dedicated to remote switch management. Traffic on this port is segregated from operational network traffic on the switch ports and cannot be switched or routed to the operational network.

Thanks,
Josh Craig
Dell EMC Enterprise Support Services
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO
0 Kudos
rvericel
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Hi @DELL-Josh Cr ,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I didn't take time to look in the documentation.

Best regards,

Romain VERICEL

0 Kudos