I have two dell Powerconnect M6384 configured as a stack. I need to get rid of stack and make both the switches as stand alone. As per the configuration, i see these were configured in such a way that one port was used from each switch and then configured as a port channel. So i have a few questions as i am not much aware how dell switches would behave. I know Cisco way of breaking the stacks.
Steps i need to do:
1. Move any standalone ports configured on the switch-2 to the switch-1.
2. Remove the switch from stack and associate configuration
switch-1(config-stack)#no member 2
3. Disbale the ports used for stack.
4. Configure a management IP on the switch-2
5. After having access to the switch renumber the ports
switch-2(config)#switch 2 renumber 1
1. When the stack is broken would switch-2 lose all the configuration it previously copied from the master switch-1? Or would it still have the configuration?
2. Would the port association in the port-channel configuration be automatically removed once we break the stack? Would switch-2 ports go away after breaking stack?
3. Should this be done out of business hour to have the minimum outage?
Would appreciate any suggestion on this.
Page 152 talks about removing stack members. https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/common/powerconnect-m6220_user%27s%20guide_en-us.pdf