Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 15th, 2015 20:00

Broadcom advanced teaming failed issue

Hi,

I have create teaming with Broadcom software and Broadcom adopter in PE-R520 server . I have used two different switch for two adopter. The yesterday my second switch cable connected second was failed for some reason that time server is online with teaming first adopter and first switch  but when i installed new switch and after that connect cable to second adopter my server is gone offline with teaming failed.  why this issue has been come because I have created smart load balancing and failover teaming. pls find event log and teaming details . Kindly suggest me how to avoid this issue in future. 

Regards

November 16th, 2015 21:00

waiting for reply....

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 17th, 2015 08:00

I cannot see the event logs. But that is where I would start. Look through the event logs around the time that the team went down. What did you do to get the Team back online?

November 18th, 2015 22:00

I have recreated the teaming and also reconfigured the second switch configuration after that teaming came online.

regards

G

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 19th, 2015 06:00

Without anything being logged in the event logs, It can be hard to pinpoint what caused the team to fail. I doubt the switch logs would show anything other than a down interface, but it may be worth looking through the switch logs too.

Now would be a good time to check firmware and drivers, ensure they are all up to date.

http://dell.to/1Qwf7Ns

If you get some available downtime, perhaps trying to reproduce the issue by unplugging one interface at a time, wait a minute, and then plugging it back in. See how the Team responds and if any messages are logged.

No Events found!