itbiz_b
1 Copper

Can't remove snmp-server MIB variable

When I do a show run I have the following line, I would like to remove it but cannot. I have tried putting no in front of it and looked through the web interface. Can someone tell me how to get rid of this please?

snmp-server set rlEventsDeleteEvents  rlEventsDeleteEvents 1

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Can't remove snmp-server MIB variable

I'm not seeing an option in the CLI on one of the switches either.  What is the specific model that you are configuring?

I will look into what options we have

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

itbiz_b
1 Copper

It is a PowerConnect 3548P

0 Kudos

We are not seeing a direct way to remove this from the running config.

One option is to tftp the startup config to a server and modify that line (remove it).  Then load the file back into the startup location. Reload the switch.  Verify the running config output.

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
itbiz_b
1 Copper

OK, do you have any idea what that line is doing? I did not add it and as long as it is not a security/configuration problem I will leave it.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

I was going to suggest the same thing that Willy said, that is to tftp a backup and remove it manually.  also make sure you have the latest 2.0.0.51 firmware for the 35xx.  It is located here: www.dell.com/.../powerconnect-3548p

It looks like a missing command in the CLI, but it is possible you may also be able to access and remove it using a web session or snmp app (like OMNM).  

B

0 Kudos