Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 26th, 2013 17:00

Configuring QoS on Powerconnect 5448 and 5324 for IP Phones

I need a little help here. I need to configure 2 - PowerConnect 5324 and 1 - PowerConnect 5448 switches to give priority to the 40 Polycom IP 335 phones on my network. I am pretty sure this can be do in the QoS configuration settings. Here are my settings under the QoS Global Parameters:

QoS Setting: Quality of Service - Enable and Trust Mode - CoS

Interface Settings: Interface Ports is selected, Disable "Trust" Mode on Interface is unchecked, Set Default CoS For Incoming Traffic is defaulted to 0 on all ports

Queue Settings: Queue 1,2,3 and 4 are all Strict Priority,(Queue 2 is greyed out and unchangeable)

CoS to Queue: Class of Service 0 - Queue 2, Class of Service 1 - Queue 1, Class of Service 2 - Queue 1, Class of Service 3 - Queue 2, Class of Service 4 -    

Queue 3, Class of Service 5- Queue 3, Class of Service 6 - Queue 4, Class of Service 7- Queue 4

DSCP to Queue: This appears to be fairly evenly distributed between the 63 DSCP in and the 4 queues.

I guess I am not sure what to set the Interface ports to and the CoS to Queue? Someone said "just set all the interface ports to CoS 5 for phone traffic"

Any help or direction is appreciated greatly.

802 Posts

June 26th, 2013 17:00

Normally you can just set up the switch to trust CoS or DSCP depending on the phone.  This will accept the default packet marking from the Phone.  

After looking thru the phone manual it looks like it is set up to mark the packets with a default of 5.  Page A - 72

supportdocs.polycom.com/.../spip_ssip_vvx_Admin_Guide_SIP_3_2_2_eng.pdf

That said you can set the global setting to trust 802.1P.  It looks like the phone supports this protocol as well.

Page 413 of the 5424 User Guide starts the discussion about the configuration options for CoS.

support.dell.com/.../en_ug.pdf

No Events found!