DGSwiss
1 Nickel

Connect 3rd N3048 switch into existing stack

Jump to solution

hello,

I have one stack  ( 2 x N3048 ) . This stack is connected to another stack ( 2 x Force 10 S3048-ON ) 

Now, I need to buy and connect an additional N3048 . It will be connected in the same N3048 stack.

How should I re-cable the uplink between the new ( 3 x N3048 ) stack and  stack.PNGForce 10 stack ? 

This is how the current cabling look like. 

S3048-ON is using all 4 x QSFP ports ( 2 for stacking and 2 for uplink )

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Connect 3rd N3048 switch into existing stack

Jump to solution

You don’t have to have all 3 switches in the stack connect to the S3048, the stacking ports can transfer to one of the other N3048 and use those links.

Thanks,
Josh Craig
Dell EMC Enterprise Support Services
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi,

Page 242 shows the stacking config for 3 switches. https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_ser_stor_net/esuprt_networking/esuprt_net_fxd...

Thanks,
Josh Craig
0 Kudos
DGSwiss
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

thanks, but I think I was not clear on my previous message. 

The stacking part I understand it , but how should I re-cable the uplink from the new N3048 stack ( 3 x switches ) to existing S3048/force10 stack ( 2 x switches ) . 

As you can see from my previous design, currently all QSFP ports from Force 10 , are used. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

You don’t have to have all 3 switches in the stack connect to the S3048, the stacking ports can transfer to one of the other N3048 and use those links.

Thanks,
Josh Craig
0 Kudos