Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

February 13th, 2018 23:00

Dell M8428-k AG mode VLAN additions

I'm working with a customer who has a data center using Brocade VDX 6730's in a fabric that connect to Dell M8428-k blade switches. I'm adding in a new VLAN that shows as expected in the VDX and is trunked down to the M8428-k switches, but any VM created in the new VLAN can't connect and no new MACs show up on the VDX. 

The M8428-k are also operating in an "access gateway" mode, which limits a lot of commands I could run to add the VLAN info. A supportshow command verifies that the VLAN does not exist or at least is not propogated to the M8428-k.  

How do I add the VLAN into the M8428-k? 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 14th, 2018 05:00

To create the VLAN, all you need to do is enter the VLAN interface.

switch(config)# interface vlan 1002

Chapter 5 of the user guide goes into further details on configuring VLANs, specifically page 35.

http://dell.to/2EDGKVo

2 Posts

February 14th, 2018 20:00

Daniel,

Thanks for the reply, but I don't have that command available on the Dell M8428-k. They are running a Brocade FabricOS (6.3.1) and are in Access Gateway mode which limits a lot of the commands available. I've added the VLAN on the VDX above the Dells and ensured it is trunked properly, but I still can't get network connectivity to the VMs created in the new VLAN. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 15th, 2018 08:00

Can you please post up the console output? If you issue the command with a question mark, it should show what commands are available. Seeing this output will help out.

Thanks

No Events found!