Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

10 Posts

September 3rd, 2018 05:00

DiffServ/Qos N2048P

Hello,

I am a bit stuck here with what I want to be a simple enough QoS setup I think on our network.

So far I have read the following bits for QoS setup :-

• Dell QoS N2000 White Paper
  • Dell N2000 Series Manual
  • Shoretel VLAN/QoS Best Practices

I have setup the switching on our network now to be ready to accept QoS and all the classofservices are set on the switches that was easy enough from the white paper.

I have created a simple enough policy for QoS on our network as far as I believe, I basically want it to run and tag ip-dscp now on a specific source subnet incoming into our switching (192.168.190.0/24 - our voip equipment hosting)

I have followed the mixture of examples on the N2000 Admin guide to come up with what I think should work, but wireshark shows that its not firing at the moment as the DSCP entries are all blank that I can see.

QoS Setup.PNG

This is on our core at the moment, its an N2048P running in L3 and the captures I have done have been from a trunk port on the switch, they dont show the DSCP tag being in place.

Can someone help letting me know if that policy would work for a start ?

The thinking behind this is that we have two specific VLAN subnets which work on the voip setup, so its easier to blanket dscp tag the two of them, the policy map is then set to in on the two connections that our ISP provide to our MPLS setup.

Is there something else I should be doing to enable DiffServ Tagging ? I have entered the Diffserv command on the config prompt too, but its not working.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 4th, 2018 08:00

Rather than match the access list, have you tried just matching the source subnet?

console(config)# class-map match-all voip_subnet_in

console(config-classmap)# match srcip 192.168.190.0 255.255.255.0

10 Posts

September 6th, 2018 00:00

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for your reply, I will give that a go, it seems simpler by far to do it via subnets against the manual guide of tagging all UDP traffic regardless,

The other question I have, in the manual, it shows the policy setup for Ingress, which I have taken to put onto the ports where the traffic is incoming and marking it accordingly, do I need to do anything for it to tag the packets going egress from my network and the phone subnet ?

My goal is I am trying to keep it simple as possible, but I think the differing guides and manuals doing things slightly different ways has thrown me a bit here, its the first major networking piece here I have done since getting my CCNA a couple of years back and I want to thank you for your help along the way here with the various things.

Thanks,

Richard

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 7th, 2018 05:00

The policy-map and service-policy support in and out. With phone deployments, typically an in policy is placed on the phone facing interface. This ensures the packets are marked as soon as they enter the network. The switch will then forward the packets with the marked value. The N-series switches by default are configured to trust these values.

No Events found!