Start a Conversation

Unsolved

DM

23 Posts

November 27th, 2018 01:00

[Discuss] Fault-Tolerance with Dell N3024

Hello everyone,

I'd like to upgrade the current system to a fault-tolerance system by adding one more N3024 switch (I called it N3024 Secondary) such as the attached image below. 

2018-11-27_173459.jpg

And while referring the DELL documents (networking-n3000-series_user's-guide10_en-us.pdf), I've got some unclear points, then I'd like to discuss it here and please give me some suggestion if you have ones.

❖ Explain: (P = Primary & S = Secondary)

・The connection from the router to the Internet is not the matter here. 

・Because the existing system connect to the Router is VLAN10, then I'll configure an MLAG for continuing to using that VLAN10 - named MLAG1

・Each VLANs will be configured for the appropriate MLAG1~4, these are pink, purple, blue and orange links in order. 

・Each MLAGs will have two links to the Primary and Secondary L3 switches for making load-balancing

・Each switches will distribute the transmission to each subnet-hosts (the oval shapes: Sales, HR...) via the relevant VLANs

❖ Objectives: 

・Create a fault-tolerance system with 2 DELL Networking N3024 switches and from others supported switches

・Make a load-balancing the network

❖ TO-DO List (Step-by-Step Plan):

1. Firstly, for sync-up the firmware/config between two switches, I intend to configure STACKING between 2 N3024 switches (not the RSTP link on the image)

2. Then, enable RSTP/setting the TRUNK port for both of the N3024 switches for making sure a free-loop system network inside.

3. Finally, setup MLAG on each N3024 switch for load-balancing 

❖ Discuss points:

My acknowledgment until now as there were

1. The router needs to configure something to make sure the MLAG1 (VLAN10) working well, doesn't it?
→ If not, should I do on the N3024 P & S switches for making sure the transmission be not interrupted? The current setting of Router and N3024 P is okay but if I add one more N3024 S into like the image and via the stack configuration, I think it does not run as well as without additional settings.

2. For making sure, the connection between two N3024 P & S switches should be RSTP and trunk ports, shouldn't they?

3. I'm not sure about the feature will need to use on these switch A~C for configuring MLAG/VLAN to the subnet hosts. It will run if those were ordinary switches, weren't they?
If not, I'd like to use the DELL switch here, but which model should I consider to use for making those settings? I'm glad to hear your suggestion!

4. Finally, for making sure this architecture is working as well as the defined objectives, if you have any comments, please give me some!

※I'd like to make a simulation before deploying in reality but unfortunately, the GNS3 or Cisco Packet Tracer is not fully supporting. If you have another one, please give me a name. Thanks!

It's a rather long post but I'm trying to explain more the stuck points that I'm getting now. So please help me if you got some ideas.

I'm highly appreciated with all your help!

Thank you for your consideration,

Dai

November 28th, 2018 17:00

Hi all,

Regarding this matter,

Sorry, but there's anyone has ideas, could you please share with me?

Thanks & regards,

Dai

No Events found!