Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 10th, 2015 21:00

FX2 IOA - any way to turn off default VLAN1 Untagged?

Hi, we are configuring our new FX2 chassis and the I/O Aggregators seem to insist on any port we configure must also be in VLAN 1 untagged:

Dell#show vlan

Codes: * - Default VLAN, G - GVRP VLANs, R - Remote Port Mirroring VLANs, P - Primary, C - Community, I - Isolated
O - Openflow
Q: U - Untagged, T - Tagged
x - Dot1x untagged, X - Dot1x tagged
o - OpenFlow untagged, O - OpenFlow tagged
G - GVRP tagged, M - Vlan-stack, H - VSN tagged
i - Internal untagged, I - Internal tagged, v - VLT untagged, V - VLT tagged

NUM Status Description Q Ports
* 1 Active U Po64(Te 0/9-10)
U Te 0/1-4
2 Active T Po64(Te 0/9-10)
3 Active T Po64(Te 0/9-10)
4094 Active T Po64(Te 0/9-10)

Is there any way to stop that behavior, I tried "no vlan untagged 1" but it cuts off at the untagged:

Dell(conf-if-te-0/1)#no vlan untagged ?

Dell(conf-if-te-0/1)#no vlan untagged

We're in PMUX mode currently, but we observed it in standalone as well if I recall correctly.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide :)

23 Posts

July 10th, 2015 21:00

Is this viable (I don't want to break the switch as I'm connected remotely hundreds of miles away):

Dell(conf-if-vl-1)#shutdown    

????

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 14th, 2015 06:00

I would not do the shutdown command, that will shut the port down completely.

By default, in stand-alone mode, all aggregator ports belong to all 4094 VLANs and are members of untagged VLAN 1. To configure only the required VLANs on a port, use the CLI or CMC interface.

When you configure VLANs on server-facing interfaces (ports 1 to 8), you can assign VLANs to a port or a range of ports by entering the vlan tagged or vlan untagged commands in Interface Configuration mode:

Dell(conf)# interface tengigabitethernet 0/2
Dell(conf-if-te-0/2)# no auto vlan
Dell(conf-if-range-te-0/2-4)# vlan tagged 5,7,10-12
Dell(conf-if-range-te-0/2-4)# vlan untagged 3

The tagged VLAN membership of the uplink LAG is automatically configured based on the VLAN configuration of all server-facing ports (ports 1 to 8).

The untagged VLAN used for the uplink LAG is always the default VLAN.

You could try # no vlan untagged 1, and see if that removes it. If not, an alternative would be to change it to a VLAN not used anywhere else in the network.

No Events found!