Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 25th, 2015 10:00

How to Reboot/Restart Dell Powerconnect 6224

Hi,

My company have 2 powerconnect 6224, 1 is master and 1 is slave, may i know how could i restart/reboot my switch in GUI?

Can i use cli command to restart/reboot and what is the command line.

Thanks

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 25th, 2015 13:00

Using the CLI to reboot the stack you would use the command # reload. You can add the number of the switch into the command to reload specific stack members. # reload 1, # reload 2.

You can also use the command console(config-stack)#initiate failover. This command forces a warm restart of the stack. The backup unit takes over as the new management unit without clearing the hardware state on any of the stack members. The original management unit reboots.

In the GUI You can restart the switch with by entering System>General>Reset. You can also initiate a failover using System>Stacking>NSF Summary. Initiate failover will start a warm restart of the switch.

2 Posts

January 19th, 2019 10:00

When I select restart it say ? :Restart with Start up and not the running config" I just want to reboot and no changes have been applied

1 Message

February 7th, 2024 06:52

@davidzuma

You must copy the running configuration into the startup configuration. System -> File Management -> Copy Files

• 

2.1K Posts

February 7th, 2024 07:28

Hello, thank you for your contribution. I don't know why, but I noticed that part of the text was not appearing. I believe it continues like this "Copy the running configuration into the startup configuration. System -> File Management -> Copy Files"

Therefore, I would like to share this link in addition to help you. How to save and back up your configuration on Dell PowerConnect, Force10, and N series switches via CLI | Dell US

No Events found!