Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 20th, 2019 10:00

Inspiron 3847, Windows 10, internet connection problems

Using Netgear router and Netgear extender with Windows 10 and Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop. Until a few days ago, internet connection from desktop to extender to router was fine. Now it is selective in what is connected. Internet Explorer cannot connect, saying no internet connection. Cannot connect to download any Microsoft tools or software. Connection to extender shows it is weak, but thru it, Google connects to anything that is not Microsoft. Speed test show 100/10 MBTS. Spent 4 hours with Microsoft reinstalling Windows 10, no help.

System check says adapter working OK. Router check says router is up to date and working OK. My laptop has solid connection via router or extender, depending on where the laptop is located. Phones connect to either one OK. TV connects to router OK. Considering replacing wireless adapter in desktop. Any other ideas?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 20th, 2019 12:00

Apologies, missed your sentence about wireless.

The Inspiron 3847 warranty expired on September 13, 2016.

Install this WiFi driver. When done, restart the Inspiron 3847.

• 

25.1K Posts

May 20th, 2019 11:00

* For my Dell notes, click my name and private message me the Inspiron 3847 service tag number
* Test the Inspiron 3847 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN port connecting directly to the Netgear router, no extender. What speeds are you getting?

May 20th, 2019 11:00

Service Tag

Computer will not connect directly to router. It is at far end of a well shielded house. It did before, with lower speeds, but not now. Not sure what it means to connect via Ethernet LAN port.

No Events found!