Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 1st, 2016 09:00

Issue with a Dell N4032F switch

Hi all,

I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to Dell networking having had a background in Cisco IOS so this might be a dumb question but.....  My equallogics can no longer replicate to our DR site and I suspect this might be the reason

Port Description Link M VLAN
Channel State
------- ------------------------------ ------- -- -------------------
Po50 Down G (1),5

Link state is showing as down and that port channel is carrying my iscsi traffic (AFAIK).  Thing is, I cannot find out how to enable this again.  Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

29 Posts

July 13th, 2016 01:00

Hi Daniel,

Thank you so much for your support!  My faith in the world has just been restored a bit :)  I have been off for a few days but back on the case now.  I will let you know where we are if that's ok.  I can get onto the management stack again after a reboot overnight.  Looks like over heating was causing them to fail!  We can now replicate with our DR site! Turns out it was a cabling issue........  Thanks again Daniel and stay well!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 13th, 2016 09:00

Thanks for the update. Really glad to hear you were able to find the root cause and get it corrected. Good job!

Cheers

29 Posts

July 25th, 2016 01:00

Thanks for your comment Jakub.  I have upgraded the firmware on the switch. to be fair, this is pretty much the first issue we have had with these devices.  Hopefully a one off :)

1 Message

August 1st, 2016 22:00

thanks for sharing

No Events found!