Networking General

Last reply by 06-07-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

OS10 licensing logic?

It's hard to find clear cut answers.

1. Is OS10 enterprise license permanent?

2. Does pricing depend on the device model? (If not purchased together with the device)

3. What are the fundamental differences between OS10 enterprise and OS10 open edition? (probably no VLT in open edition?)

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

1. The OS10 license is permanent.

2. I'd have to refer you to the Sales department for anything pertaining to pricing. Pricing information isn't something tech support sees.

3. As for OS10, Enterprise edition is the edition Dell maintains, whereas the Open edition is open source and maintained by the public foundation. I can try to find any other differences, but the big one seems to be the maintainer.

#Iwork4Dell

View solution in original post

Community Accepted Solution
Replies (17)

Hello,

1. The OS10 license is permanent.

2. I'd have to refer you to the Sales department for anything pertaining to pricing. Pricing information isn't something tech support sees.

3. As for OS10, Enterprise edition is the edition Dell maintains, whereas the Open edition is open source and maintained by the public foundation. I can try to find any other differences, but the big one seems to be the maintainer.

#Iwork4Dell
Community Accepted Solution
3 Silver

Hello Dell-DylanJ,

I have a Dell Networking S4048T-ON switch, but I am unable to confirm the license type installed 

in the switch. The command reference guide was not so helpful in this regard also.

Please provide me with the right command to confirm the license installed.

Thank you.

Hi @jessieobioma,

You can run the command to check the license installed: 

# show license status

Reference: https://dell.to/3D4pWC3

DELL-Joey C
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#IWork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’. ‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

3 Silver

Hello @DELL-Joey C ,

Thank you for responding swiftly to my question.

I will give the command a try.

Also, is there a document that explains the license types available for the switch and the licensing

scheme?

Than you.

There is the enterprise OS10 version which has 120 trial and perpetual license. Then there is the open edition https://dell.to/3qpszdY

Thanks,

DELL-Josh Cr
#IWork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’. ‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

3 Silver

Hello and thank you for your responses.

Please clarify one more thing. 

Do I need a license for S3048 and S4048 switches running DNOS9?

Thank you.

Hi @jessieobioma,

Well, not that I know of. S3000 and S4000 series does not need license to run OS9. 

DELL-Joey C
#IWork4Dell

3 Argentum

i also have a question regarding the os10 license. our old 2020 s4148 seem to have a life time enterprise warrenty. new ones we wanna buy seem to need a software support now which the old ones didnt need. so something must have changed with the os10 ent. license, right?

Hello,

A factory-installed OS10
image runs with a perpetual license. A perpetual license allows you to run OS10 beyond the 120-day trial period.

Thanks

Marco

Marco B.
#Iwork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’
‘Kudo’ the posts you like!
Top Contributor
Latest Solutions