Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 19th, 2010 06:00

PC6248 Stack. Switches 1-5 Failed

Good Day,

Most our our stack failed this morning with very little clue as to what happened. Switches 1-5 all stopped transmitting, link lights even shut off! One the web interface we could not see the status of any switches but 6 and 7. Some errors we saw were:

Stack Master Unit 2 has failed
Unit 6 identified a link failure in the stack. xg1

After powering off the switches and back on everything is working. We are very concerned this will happen again, and we are in the process of moving our infrastructure to these switches. I have attached the full syslog. Any help would be appreciated!

1 Attachment

626 Posts

January 19th, 2010 11:00

Oh and I don't see the syslog.

626 Posts

January 19th, 2010 11:00

What kind of interface is in xg1 of Unit 6?  10Gig Copper CX4, 10Gig XFP Fibre Opticals, SFP+,  or 10Gig BaseT Ethernet?

117 Posts

January 26th, 2010 15:00

Check what version of firmware your running on the stack.  Dell pulled version 3 because of an issue where the statck would fail after about 2 weeks for no apparent reason.  If your running version 3 they recommend you downgrade back to version 2.2.

65 Posts

February 25th, 2010 10:00

Sorry for the long delay. I was unaware anyone had replied. Some updates. The switches failed again and we have determined it to be an issue when we manage one Citrix Xenserver linux guest. We have just moved out Xenservers to these switches, before on Powerconnect 5448's we did not have this issue. I have created a new forum post totally forgetting I posted this one. Located here.  When this happens, Syslog stops, no messages are sent from the switch to Syslog.

No Events found!