Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 5th, 2012 18:00

Power Connect 2724

The dell switch is in place and functioning fine on a network of 192.168.100....
What i wanted to do was get into the switch via the manage mode since the switch is in managed mode. My understanding the default ip for getting into the switch is 192.168.2.1...255.255.255.0 which of course is on a different ip scheme. I have plugged in my laptop into the switch and configured my nic to reflect the 192.168.2.25 255.255.255.0 192.168.2.1 and still didnt get in???

My question is how do i access this ip/cli page in managed mode I dont know if the default ip has been change to allow this so I am wondering if I just push the managed mode reset button with a paper clip and then plug my laptop into the switch and change my laptop nic to reflect the default settings....will it work and not screw up my network??

Ethan

802 Posts

October 8th, 2012 10:00

!!!!! Changing the switch from "managed mode" to "unmanaged mode" erases the switch configuration. Changing from "unmanaged mode" to "managed mode" activates the management GUI and sets the system back to factory defaults. There is no way to save the switch's configuration.

You will want to make sure and copy the current image files on the switch to an external device before changing the management mode. You may try guessing what the IP if the switch may be.  192.168.100.1, 192.168.1.254?

Copying Files

Files can be copied and deleted from the Copy Files page. This applies to PowerConnect 2748

switch configuration only. To open the Copy Files page, click Copy Files in the tree view.

Save Running Configuring to Backup — When selected, saves the current device configuration to

the backup file.

Restoring Save Configuration — Restores the previously saved device configuration. The possible

field values are:

Use Current IP — Uses the current IP address for device configuration, when selected.
Default User — Uses the default user for device configuration, when selected.
Default Password — Uses the default password for device configuration, when selected.
Save User/Password — Saves the currently configured device user and password, when selected.
Reset to Default User/Password — Resets the device to the default user and password, when
selected.
Restore Configuration Factory Defaults — When selected, specifies that the factory configuration
default files should be reset. When unselected, maintains the current configuration settings.

Copying Files

1 Open the Copy Files page.
2 Define the Source and Destination fields.
3 Click Apply Changes.
4 The file is copied, and the device is updated.

Restoring Company Factory Default Settings

1 Open the Copy Files page.
2 Click Restore Company Factory Defaults
3 Click Apply Changes.

The company factory default settings are restored, and the device is updated.

Hope this helps,

Keep us updated if you can

13 Posts

October 8th, 2012 19:00

I am not sure if you read my post...but that is what I cant get into..the Dell Open Mange Switch  Administrator??? Can you tell me how to get into this???

802 Posts

October 9th, 2012 10:00

You may try guessing what the IP if the switch may be  192.168.100.1, 192.168.1.254? There is a good chance that it is in the same subnet 192.168.100.x.  Other than that you will not have any other options other than resetting the switch to default and then connecting with the 192.168.2.1 address.

13 Posts

October 9th, 2012 17:00

Willy M...thanks for you response you did read my post...What I want to know is how can I tell if there are any configurations I will use I have only got 10 users going through it with a couple other things...now vlans etc...so if I reset the switch it wont screw up my network will it??

Regard

Ethan

802 Posts

October 9th, 2012 17:00

If you reset the switch every thing is gone.  It will be like you just opened the box and pulled the switch out to set it up.

13 Posts

October 9th, 2012 19:00

Well how can i tell what is on the switch??? I configured  dchp and the scope on the server...Is there a scanner that you recommend like angry ip scan or net scan that is more indepth..and free or doesnt cost too much?? So can find this ip??

Thanks again

Ethan

No Events found!