Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 18th, 2008 23:00

PowerConnect 2016 Failure with all LEDs Solid Green

This afternoon we experienced a meltdown on our small (9 nodes) network, traced to the 2016 switch. It displayed all LED indicators solid green, did not respond to power cycling (with a long wait for reset), and each connected PC showed "cable disconnected" and/or no link light. Is it feasible/economical to troubleshoot this unit or should I just pitch it and replace it with a new unit? We are temporarily operating on two cascaded D-Link routers (using the hub portion only, no connections to WAN ports). I am capable of detailed and moderately advanced troubleshooting if armed with the needed information.

September 25th, 2008 16:00

I would be grateful for any information on a hardware service and/or troubleshooting manual, schematics, etc for the PowerConnect 2016 switch.

7 Posts

September 27th, 2008 11:00

Documentation can be found here:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/network/7h905/en/index.htm

But you probably just need to replace the switch. 

September 27th, 2008 14:00

Thanks for reply, but I had looked at that information and of course I had replaced the switch before posting. The information on the "documentation" site is most charitibly described as minimal -- how to plug it in, etc. I was referring to actual schematics and troubleshooting information.
No Events found!