Highlighted
grunt_73179
1 Copper

PowerConnect 2324 - will not connect to ASA

Hello,

I have a PowerConnect 2324 that I would like to use to uplink wireless APs to a Cisco ASA. But when I connect the 2324 the link to the ASA is just a slow steady green blink and there is now communication through the interface.

I currently have the ASA and AP connected through a SoHo 5 port device and that works fine , I am just trying to remove all SoHo type devices.

I had the 2324 connected to a 3548P for expansion and it was working for that.

The Cisco ASA has the wlan interface set to auto negotiate. The connection to the AP seems to work OK.

I have tried moving the cable around to try other ports but that makes no difference.

Thanks for helpful suggestions.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PowerConnect 2324 - will not connect to ASA

The 2324 ports are set to auto negotiate everything so there is really no configuration that is set for the ports. The flashing green on the ports indicates connectivity on the port. Blinking green on the FDX/HDX  LED indicates collisions are occurring. Which light is blinking green?

0 Kudos
grunt_73179
1 Copper

I have read the user guide for the 2324 and understand the lights. But the blinking on the port that connects to the ASA is not normal quick transmission blinking but a slow steady blink. It does not matter which port I plug the ASA connection into.

What I don't get is why a simple SoHo switch would work just fine but not the same arrangement on the 2324 and why would the 2324 work OK when linked to the 3548 but not to the ASA.

The connection from the 2324 to the wireless AP device seems to work OK so it is something about communicating with the ASA. Since the 2324 is supposed to have auto MDI/MDI-X I don't see it being a cable type issue, again it works just fine with the SoHo.

It is the FDX/HDX that is blinking steady, the SPD/LNK/ACT led does not light on the connection to the ASA.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

The next step I would take is to manually configure the cisco ports speed, duplex and flow control settings. Then see if the 2324 will match those setting resolving the collision issue. With both devices set to auto negotiation, they may not be communicating like they should.

Keep us updated

0 Kudos