Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

5 Posts

February 6th, 2019 08:00

PowerConnect 5012 Crashing

I have a PowerConnect 5012 that has been rock solid for years, but now has developed an issue where it will randomly lock up.  You can power cycle it and it runs great again for a couple weeks, then crashes again.  I am running 6.1.2 firmware on it, but I've heard there was a 6.1.5 out there that may fix my issue?  Does anyone still have something that old that they could share?  Thanks!

• 

8.5K Posts

February 6th, 2019 11:00

Hi,

It looks like the newer firmware was never released, I wasn’t able to find it anymore since it has been so long. Can you private message me the service tag?

5 Posts

February 6th, 2019 14:00

I'll PM it to you.  I couldn't even look it up on the support site.  This thing has just worked for years as a workhorse.

Thanks!

5 Posts

February 6th, 2019 14:00

For some reason it won't let me send a PM.  The tag is .  Here's the firmware currently in the unit:

Hardware Version: PC-5012-00
Boot ROM Version: 4.2
Software Version: 6.1.2.3291

• 

8.5K Posts

February 6th, 2019 15:00

Thanks. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this is one of the ones with lifetime warranties. It may be time to replace it. The other possibility for it hanging is a network loop and a broadcast storm, did anything change in the environment since this started happening?

5 Posts

February 6th, 2019 16:00

Lifetime warranty?  They had that?  No nothing has changed in the environment.  This is a small office setting, and they haven't added anything in years.  However, I will make sure they haven't plugged in anything new that I didn't know about.  I had just read that the 6.1.2 firmware had issues similar to this and that 6.1.5 fixed it, but again, this is an old switch and has been in production for years.  It may just be too late to be able to upgrade the firmware on it.

• 

8.5K Posts

February 7th, 2019 06:00

Some of the older switch models had lifetime hardware warranties.

No Events found!