Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

July 9th, 2013 08:00

QOS Configuration

We have several 6224's running on a Layer 2 backbone provider's network.  We are in the beginning stages of implementing an Avaya telephone upgrade which will require me to dig in and properly ensure all QOS is applied as needed.  The Avaya vendor is indicating a DSCP 46 with a COS of 5 on it's network diagrams which I'm assuming is referring to a DIFF SERV configuration. 

At this point,  I've not yet touched anything within the QOS of each switch and it appears as if each switch is default configured for 802.1p TRUST MODE.  Has anyone worked with the QOS particularly in VOIP applications?  If so...can you share your Best practices and or give tips on proper configuration of each switch. 

I've got each VOIP / VLAN 2 port identified.  Each switch has a Layer 3 Routing table applied as well as all VLAN's have routing applied to create the Fully routable network. 

802 Posts

July 9th, 2013 10:00

Here is a great White Paper about setting up a Voice Vlan on a 6224 switch.

www.dell.com/.../pwcnt_voice_VLAN_support.pdf

Once the QOS is trusted on the switch it should use the packet headers from the phone and properly segregate the traffic.  If you have have further questions after looking thru the White Paper let us know.

2 Posts

October 9th, 2014 12:00

I know this is an old thread, but for the benefit of anyone trying to get QoS working on these 6200 switches

We operate a rather straight forward network and we are currently rolling out an Avaya VoIP solution. VoIP was given its own VLAN and Diff Serv was used to class the voice VLAN traffic and place it in queue 2 which is mapped to Class of Service 4 & 5.

Standard computer traffic operates in a separate VLAN and that traffic is classed and placed in queue 0 which mapped to Class of Service 1 & 2.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get the QoS operational now.

A HowTo from Dell would have been really helpful.

If I make any progress, I will update the thread.

No Events found!