May 27th, 2023 03:00

Remove switch from a stack

Hi there,

How to remove a switch from a stack N2200-ON  running OS- 6.7.1.10 

Please advise. 

• 

2.1K Posts

May 29th, 2023 01:00

Hi, I found this article related with N switches and this thread. You can try like belowhttps://www.dell.com/community/Networking-General/Removing-a-switch-from-a-stack/td-p/4474111 

https://dell.to/43tJU5Z

Consider we are removing member 2 from stack. 

console(config)#stack
console(config-stack)#
console(config-stack)#no member 2

• 

2.1K Posts

May 30th, 2023 00:00

Hi, I saw below steps to make primary switch 

Dell EMC Networking How to stack N2000 or N3000 Switches | Dell Canada

1. Update each switch to the latest firmware using the instruction included in the zip file.

2. Power off the switches. For each switch in the stack, connect stacking cables from the bottom stacking port on the first switch, to the top stacking port on the next switch.
    On the last switch connect the bottom stacking port to the top stacking port on the top switch.

3. Power on the the switch that you intend to be the primary switch first and wait until you can manage it. Once you confirm the primary switch is manageable power on the each of the remaining switches one at a time until every switch is powered on.
    They will add themselves to the stack.

I found this to remove switch How to Change a Switch Unit ID Value in a Dell Networking N2000, N3000 or N4000 Series Switch | Dell Canada

1. Power off the member and remove stacking cables from the member which has to be removed from the stack.
  2. In the primary switch, remove the member id of the member which is powered off.

May 29th, 2023 03:00

In this below scenario, we want to remove sw no 3, but it is status as mgmt. so what are the steps to remove sw 3 and make sw1 mgmt. 

Management    Standby         Preconfig         Plugged-in    Switch      Code
SW Status         Status             Model ID         Model ID       Status     Version
--- ----------                     --------- ------------- ------------- ------------- -----------
1 Stack Mbr    Oper Stby   N2248PX-ON   N2248PX-ON      OK     6.7.1.10
2 Stack Mbr                        N2248PX-ON     N2248PX-ON    OK    6.7.1.10
3 Mgmt Sw                         N2248PX-ON      N2248PX-ON   OK    6.7.1.10

May 29th, 2023 07:00

I don't see similar command- stack-master

(config)#stack

(config-stack)#?

do                  Run Privileged Exec mode commands.
exit                 To exit from the mode.
initiate            Initiate warm restart to backup unit
member             Create a stack member.
nsf                   Enable nonstop forwarding
set                   Configures the description for the device
show              Show configured settings and operational status.
stack-port      Configure a stack port on an interface.
standby          Configure a unit as standby.

• 

2.1K Posts

May 29th, 2023 07:00

before starting to change mgmt sw don't forget to save a backup of the configurations. I couldn't find the command for N2200. I'm thinking it will be maybe the same as cisco most probably. Let's see what think our community. 

stack-master

No Events found!